Sustainability at Bard
Bard engages in sustainability efforts on multiple fronts. The College believes that the next generation of leaders will require unprecedented environmental expertise. To that end, we offer undergraduate, graduate, and dual-degree programs in environmental science and policy. Bard students, faculty, and staff work locally and nationally toward a greener future, from farming on campus to working on dialogues with U.S. politicians. Initiatives coordinated by the Bard Office of Sustainability—including recycling and conservation, green building, and energy efficiency—are taking the Annandale campus closer to its goal of achieving carbon neutrality by 2035.
Environmental stewardship is a core element of Bard's emphasis on civic engagement and social responsibility. The College offers rigorous, interdisciplinary training in environmental studies and ensures that all undergraduate students receive science education.
Dual-degree programs are available with the Bard Center for Environmental Policy.
- 3+2 B.A./M.S. in Environmental Policy or Climate Science and Policy: An accelerated dual-degree program.
- M.S. and J.D. with Pace Law School
- M.S. and M.A.T. with Bard’s Master of Arts in Teaching
- 3+2 B.A./M.S. in Environmental Policy or Climate Science and Policy
Through the Bard Center for Environmental Policy and the Bard MBA in Sustainability, the College gives students the tools to excel in green business and government.
|Programs of Study: |
- M.S. in Environmental Policy
- M.S. in Climate Science and Policy
- M.B.A. in Sustainability
- Professional Certificate Programs
|Peace Corps Programs: |
- Master's International Program
- Paul D. Coverdell Fellows Program
- Campus to Congress: C2C involves students across the nation in conversations about climate solutions with elected officials.