3+2 and 4+1 and Dual-Degree Programs
Bard College offers a number of 3+2, 4+1, and dual-degree programs in the United States and overseas, awarding both undergraduate and graduate degrees. Many degree-granting international programs also offer study abroad opportunities for a semester or a year.
Bard College ProgramsBard's 3+2 and 4+1 programs are designed to offer Bard undergraduates a path to a master's degree in any of the fields below. Generally, qualified students are accepted into a 3+2 program in their junior year. Declaring commitment to a 3+2 program at moderation allows advising and course selection to support a smooth transition to the two-year master’s program. By selecting a 4+1 pathway, students completing their B.A. at Bard combine the benefit of a four-year undergraduate experience with either a one-year master of arts in teaching program or a one-year master of arts in economic theory and policy program, which provides preparation for students intending to pursue a doctoral program in economics.
- Bard Center for Environmental Policy (CEP) 3+2 Program (B.A. and M.S. in environmental policy or climate science and policy)
- Levy Economics Institute Master of Science 3+2 Program (B.A. and M.S. in economic theory and policy)
- Bard Graduate Center (BGC) 3+2 Program (B.A. and M.A. in Decorative Arts, Design History, Material Culture)
- Bard Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) 4+1 Program (B.A. and M.A.T.)
- Levy Economics Institute Master of Arts 4+1 Program (B.A. and M.A. in economic theory and policy)
3+2 Programs with Other InstitutionsThe following programs offer opportunities for Bard undergraduates to earn a master's degree in two years following their junior year at Bard.
- Duke University 3+2 (B.A. and M.S. in forestry and environmental management; contact Bruce Robertson)
- Columbia University 3+2* (B.A. and B.S. in engineering and certain other fields; contact Simeen Sattar)
- Dartmouth University 3+2* (B.A. and B.E. in engineering; contact Simeen Sattar)
Other Dual-Degree ProgramsInternational Programs:
The following programs offer dual-degree opportunities with international partner institutions.
- Al-Quds Bard (B.A. and M.A.T.)
- American University of Central Asia (B.A.)
- Bard College Berlin (B.A.)
- Smolny College (B.A. and M.A.)