3+2 and Dual-Degree Programs
Bard College offers a number of 3+2 and dual-degree programs in the United States and overseas, awarding both undergraduate and graduate degrees. Many degree-granting international programs also offer study abroad opportunities for a semester or a year.
Bard College ProgramsBard's 3+2 programs are designed to offer Bard undergraduates a path to a master's degree in any of the fields below. Generally students are accepted into the 3+2 program in their junior year during moderation, after which students spend two years at Bard completing the master’s degree. For the following programs, both the undergraduate and graduate degree are granted by Bard College. The Bard Center for Environmental Policy 3+2 also accepts undergraduates from other institutions.
- Bard Center for Environmental Policy (CEP) 3+2 Program (B.A. and M.S. in environmental policy or climate science and policy)
- Bard Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) 3+2 Program (B.A. and M.A.T.)
- Levy Economics Institute Master of Science 3+2 Program (B.A. and M.S. in economic theory and policy)
3+2 Programs with Other InstitutionsThe following programs offer opportunities for Bard undergraduates to earn a master's degree in two years following their junior year at Bard.
- Duke University 3+2 (B.A. and M.S. in forestry and environmental management; contact Bruce Robertson)
- Columbia University 3+2* (B.A. and B.S. in engineering and certain other fields; contact Simeen Sattar)
- Dartmouth University 3+2* (B.A. and B.E. in engineering; contact Simeen Sattar)
Other Dual Degree ProgramsInternational Programs:
The following programs offer dual-degree opportunities with international partner institutions.
- Al-Quds Bard (B.A. and M.A.T.)
- American University of Central Asia (B.A.)
- Bard College Berlin (B.A.)
- Smolny College (B.A. and M.A.)