First-Year Experience in Berlin

Learn more about spending one or both semesters of your first year at Bard's newest global campus at Bard College Berlin: A Liberal Arts University!


Faculty: Kelly Reichardt

Kelly Reichardt

Filmmaker Kelly Reichardt is an artist in residence in film and electronic arts at Bard College. Her 2010 film Meek's Cutoff competed for the Golden Lion at the Venice International Film Festival. The New York Times said of the film, "Ms. Reichardt is too wise and self-assured a filmmaker to offer easy answers. Meek's Cutoff is . . . a bracingly original foray into territory that remains, in every sense, unsettled."
More >>

Enroll Now!

In order to officially enroll in the College, you will need to complete your Enrollment Agreement and mail it to Bard by
May 1.

Remember to include your $500 deposit. Read the information below carefully for deposit procedures, if you are interested in advanced standing or deferred matriculation, or if you require an international student visa.

Enrollment Deposit

Domestic Students
Payments can be made by check or money order to Bard College. We do not accept credit card payments.

International Students
International payments toward student account balances can be made either by a check or wire transfer in U.S. dollars. VIEW MORE >>

Wire Transfers

Please contact the Office of Student Accounts at 845-758-7520 for detailed wire transfer information.

Deferring Matriculation

Accepted students may ask to defer matriculation for one year. This request must be made in writing to the director of admission, accompanied by a short paragraph outlining the plan for the coming year.

International Student Visa

The international student advisor will send you the Certificate of Eligibility for nonimmigrant (F-1) student status (I-20 form) after you accept our offer of admission and show that you have the financial resources to cover all the costs of your first year of study in the United States. VIEW MORE >>

Advanced Standing

Domestic Students
Advanced standing or college credit for College Board Advanced Placement (AP) courses will be given for a grade of five. Students who wish to request credit or advanced standing must submit the appropriate record of their grade to the Office of the Registrar.

International Students
The following international diplomas may be accepted for advanced standing: International Baccalaureate (IB), French Baccalaureate, Swiss Maturity, and German Abitur. Students who have earned A-level passes may enter with advanced standing. VIEW MORE >>