New Students Website

Visit our website for incoming students and get answers to your questions about Bard.


Faculty: Michèle D. Dominy

Michèle D. Dominy

Michèle D. Dominy, vice president and dean of the College and professor of anthropology, began teaching at Bard in February 1981. Professor Dominy's teaching interests include the anthropology of place, feminist anthropology, interpretive anthropology, the anthropology of religion, and the ethnography of communication. She has conducted long-term field research in the high country of New Zealand and Australia, and is the author of Calling the Station Home: Place and Identity in New Zealand’s High Country.
More >>

Forms & Resources

You've paid your enrollment deposit, made any necessary arrangements for transfer credit or advanced standing, and arranged for your international student visa if necessary. Now is the time to prepare for the coming months by getting ready for the Language and Thinking Program; reading up on student health, residence life, and finances; and returning some important paperwork to the College.

Please visit the New Students Website if you have further questions, or feel welcome to contact our staff.

Matriculation Forms 2015

Enrollment Agreement:

Due June 1, 2015 for fall first-year, transfer, and exchange students:

Due July 1, 2015 for fall first-year, transfer, and exchange students:
Due August 1, 2015 for fall first-year, transfer, and exchange students:
  • Information on Bard's healther insurance plan, including the brochure for Bard's student health insurance (link will be activated by the end of March)
  • Student Health Insurance Plan/Opt-Out Waiver (link will be activated by the end of March)

Additional Information on health insurance:
All international (non-US citizen) undergraduate students are automatically enrolled in the Accident and Sickness Insurance Plan as described in the Bard health brochure unless you obtain a waiver by presenting evidence of insurance coverage from one of three different commercial providers. (A list of the three different commercial providers are in the "Health Insurance Comparison Chart" document below). The Health Insurance Comparison Chart is a comparison of the costs of these alternative plans versus the cost of the Bard plan and a table showing significant plan differences between one such plan and Bard’s.

Parent Forms