Visiting campus is the best way to discover more about Bard. Campus tours are available most weekdays during the year. See the schedule below for specific tour times. Use the form below to request a tour.
Campus Tour Schedule
Student-led campus tours last approximately 90 minutes and depart from the Admission Office (Hopson Cottage). Stay after the tour for a Q&A session with our counselors. Due to our small class size, we do not allow visitors in classes. We open classes to accepted students in the spring.
* Weekday Tours:
- Tours at 9:00, 10:00, 2:00 and 3:00
- October 13 is a special visit day which includes special campus tours times. Details to be posted mid September
- November 7, 14, 21: Tours at 2:00 and 3:00
- October 11 and October 18: Tours at 11:00 and 12:00
- November 8, 15, 22: Tours at 11:00 and 12:00 (No Q&A after these tours)
* Please use the form below to request a tour. Please be advised that tour times are subject to change during scheduled College breaks and holidays.
Visit Bard's academic calendar
for more information on College breaks and holidays, or call us at 845-758-7472 for details.
Large Group Tours
Large groups wishing to tour Bard should use the group tour request form. We offer large group tours on Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 2:00 for high school juniors and seniors.
Please note that we do NOT offer group tours:
- In January, April or October
- From mid-May to mid-September
- During academic breaks (please click here for Bard's academic calendar)
Performing Arts Center Tours
The Dance Program and the Theater and Performance Program at Bard offer 15 minute tours of the architecturally stunning Richard B. Fisher Center for the Performing Arts. These tours are ongoing between noon and 1:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, departing from inside the entrance closest to the parking lot. Tours are open to visiting prospective students and their families. No reservations are required. Please contact the Admission Office for further details.
You may also tour the Sosnoff Theater in the Fisher Center. This tour includes those parts of the building that are available for viewing at the time of the tour, Monday through Friday at 2:00 p.m., meeting at the main entrance. Visit the Fisher Center online for tour cost, availability, and more information.
If, given your schedule, you are unable to attend one of our scheduled tours or information sessions, you may obtain a self-guided tour pamphlet in the Admission Office, or at the kiosk in front of the Admission Office.