Bard Abroad
Facebook Bard
Study Abroad Process for Bard Students

Study Abroad Process for Bard Students

Start Your Adventure Here!


Bard students considering study abroad, contact Study Abroad Adviser Trish Fleming at or 845-758-7080.

All other students:
Hannah Barrett for all Berlin programs

Dr. Tamo Chattopadhay for all programs in Kyrgyzstan, Hungary, or St. Petersburg, Russia

Jen Murray for all programs at Al-Quds Bard



Bard students* must maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher and must have successfully moderated in order to be eligible to study abroad. 

*Transfer students: at least half of your total credits must be earned in Annandale in order to earn a Bard College degree (which might affect your ability to spend a full semester abroad). Check with the registrar to determine your status.

Find Your Program

As a Bard student you have many study abroad options:

Financial Aid

Bard financial assistance only transfers to Bard students participating in a Bard Abroad program or exchange. Students should consult with the Office of Financial Aid to determine the exact terms and conditions of their aid package. 

Students participating in a study abroad program through another U.S. or foreign institution will not receive any Bard-based aid. However, state and federal funding—such as TAP, Pell, Perkins and Stafford Loans—may be transferable. Students should also inquire directly with the sponsoring institution about the availability of aid.

Credit Transfer

In order to receive credit for courses taken abroad, you must have your courses approved by Bard before departure.  Credit is only awarded for academic courses, not for experiential or pre-professional learning. 
  • Bard Programs (AQB, AUCA, Berlin, CEU, & Smolny): Grades are factored into your GPA. Taking classes Pass/Fail is rarely possible on Bard Abroad programs. It requires special permission from the host institution where you study abroad in accordance with their deadlines.
  • Exchange Programs and Non-Bard Programs:  You will only get credit for courses where you earned a grade of ‘C’ or better.  You cannot take courses Pass/Fail on non-Bard programs.  Grades earned on non-Bard programs are not factored into your GPA. You receive transfer credits only.

Students on non-Bard programs should request their transcript be sent directly from the sponsoring institution to: 

Office of the Registrar
Bard College
PO Box 5000, 30 Campus Road
Annandale-on-Hudson, NY 12504