Community ResourcesRECYCLING: all Town of Red Hook residents (including Villages of Tivoli and Red Hook) can use the Town of Red Hook Recycle Center. Purchase a yearly permit at Town Hall. Live in Tivoli? You may have a private hauler or the Village hauling services. Live in the Village of Red Hook? You also may have a private hauler or Village hauling services.
- It is Dutchess County law for your landlord to provide a drop off area for recycling and for collection of the materials.
- Electronics can be recycled through Best Buy in Kingston. Other "technotrash" like CDs and rechargeable batteries are also accepted there. You can ship items like VHS and cassette tapes to GreenDisk for a small fee.
RE-USE: Materials can be reused through bartering or donations- check donation rules carefully so these services can continue to accept materials.
- Facebook: Bard College Bartering Community
- Red Hook Community Closet take it or leave it. Town of Red Hook Recycle Yard also has a take it or leave it (permit required).
- Salvation Army Family Store, 884 Ulster Ave, Kingston, NY 12401, Mon. – Sat., 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m., Sun: Closed
- Goodwill, 1306 Ulster Avenue Kingston, NY 12401, 845-336-3303 Services: Retail, Donations. Donation Guidelines
- Hudson Valley Craigslist
- neighborgoods.net save money and resources by sharing items with people in your community
COMPOST: Set up home comoposting to decrease your trash. You can buy a home compost bin at cost from UCRRA
Have more questions? Email Off-Campus EcoRep Coordinator Michael Callejo