Check-in for Returning Students
Saturday, August 29, 2015 from 10:00AM - 5:00PM
Bertelsmann Campus Center, Multipurpose Room(MPR).
All students (both resident and non-resident) are expected to check in at this location. Please bring your Bard ID.
To avoid long lines and a wait, please plan to arrive based on the first letter of your last name:
Last names beginning A - K
arrival time from 10:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Last names beginning L - Z
arrival time from 1:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Please confirm with the Office of Student Accounts that you are financially cleared as keys will not be issued without this authorization.
You may also email or call this office if you are uncertain email@example.com or 845.758.7520
. Staff will be on hand to collect any outstanding payments.
The Bard College Office of Residence Life & Housing is committed to fostering a safe and secure environment that enhances the personal, social and intellectual development of every student, enriching their liberal arts experience. We seek to empower and challenge students to become individuals, citizens, and leaders who understand their responsibility in creating effective and socially just communities at Bard and beyond.
Together with the Dean of Student Affairs Office located at the Center for Student Life & Advising we collaborate efforts to provide services and support to all Bard students.
We envision a residential community in which:
- Students feel safe, respected, valued, comfortable and at home
- Students are engaged in activities and dialogue which promote social justice, intellectual and artistic inquiry and challenge as well as faculty/staff engagement outside of the classroom/office
- Students have ownership over their rights and responsibility for shared governance and community monitoring
- Students are engaged in the Bard and local community
- Students reside in a sustainable manner, not only environmentally but with regard to personal decision making around health and wellness
- Students understand, respect and follow the principles and philosophies of community living, inclusive of active participation in development of community standards
- The physical, emotional, and spiritual wellness of all is prioritized
- The physical residential structures are safe, secure, clean and conducive to the life of the mind and personal wellness
Bard is a place to care for each other. It is everyone's responsibility
to keep our community and each other safe. If there is an emergency or
urgent situation please contact security immediately at 845-758-7777
If you have any concerns about a member of the Bard Community, have
information regarding a potentially hazardous situation or policy
violation, inclusive of vandalism and damages, we strongly encourage you
to speak directly with one of the following:
Your Peer Counselor Area Coordinator (845-758-7455
Office of Safety & Security (845-758-7460
Center for Student Life & Advising (845-758-7454
Health & Counseling Services (845-758-7433
Buildings & Grounds (845-758-7465
Office of Title IX Coordination (845-758-7542
Sexual Misconduct Hotline (888-323-4198
Human Resources (845-758-7428
If you are uncomfortable or unable to report in person, an online report
can be submitted by clicking here
. Online reporting can take 1-2
business days to process. Additionally anonymous reporting is an option
but will significantly limit the manner in which the college can respond
to the concern brought forward.