Bard College Residence Life
The Bard College Office of Residence Life & Housing is committed to fostering a safe and secure environmentthat enhances the personal, social and intellectual development of every student, enriching their liberal arts experience. We seek to empower and challenge students to become individuals, citizens, and leaders who understand their responsibility in creating effective and socially just communities at Bard and beyond. Together with the Dean of Student Affairs Office located at the Center for Student Life & Advising, we collaborate efforts to provide services and support to all Bard students.
We envision a residential community in which:
- Students feel safe, respected, valued, comfortable and at home
- Students are engaged in activities and dialogue which promote social justice, intellectual and artistic inquiry and challenge as well as faculty/staff engagement outside of the classroom/office
- Students have ownership over their rights and responsibility for shared governance and community monitoring
- Students are engaged in the Bard and local community
- Students reside in a sustainable manner, not only environmentally but with regard to personal decision making around health and wellness
- Students understand, respect and follow the principles and philosophies of community living, inclusive of active participation in development of community standards
- The physical, emotional, and spiritual wellness of all is prioritized
- The physical residential structures are safe, secure, clean and conducive to the life of the mind and personal wellness
Living Off-CampusPlanning to move off campus?
Only juniors and seniors may live off-campus. Before you can move-off campus you must attend an information session and complete an Intent to Move Off-Campus Form.
Important Housing DatesFriday, December 16
Last Day of Classes
Kline Commons closes at 3:00p.m.
Saturday, December 17
All students must vacate residence halls by 3:00p.m. Download