Bard staff and off-campus students would like access to resources that allow them to engage in sustainable behaviors. While many on-campus resources are only for campus residents, it is possible to find similar programs off campus.
Red Hook 10% Challenge participants demonstrate how to compost at Mac's Agway
- Red Hook residents (including both Village of Tivoli and RH) can access the Red Hook Recycle Center—purchase a permit at Town Hall.
- It is Dutchess County law for your landlord to provide a drop off area for recycling and for collection of the materials.
- Electronics can be recycled through Best Buy in Kingston.
- Materials can be reused through bartering or donations to the Salvation Army, Goodwill, or Hudson Valley E-cycle.
- Facebook: Bard College Bartering Community
- Salvation Army Family Store, 884 Ulster Ave, Kingston, NY 12401, Mon. – Sat., 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m., Sun: Closed
- Goodwill, 1306 Ulster Avenue Kingston, NY 12401, 845-336-3303 Services: Retail, Donations. Donation Guidelines
- Hudson Valley Craigslist
- neighborgoods.net save money and resources by sharing items with people in your community!