Bike riding has a long tradition at Bard and there are many resources available for those interested in using bicycle transport.
Bard students ride their bikes for Moving Planet Day.
- BikeShare—An affordable student-run bike rental program. This membership group has access to 10 refurbished bikes you can sign out through Security. Membership is limited. Please e-mail Bernardo Caceres (firstname.lastname@example.org) to become a member today!
- Bike Rental through Revolution Bicycle
- Pedicab—Available for special events. E-mail email@example.com to request the pedicab.
- Bike Parking—Olin bike park (commuter park), Cruger covered rack, Kline parking lot bus stop, and other covered locations are available on campus.
- Safer Route to Red Hook Village Map
- Bike Coop—Located in the Old Gym.
- Winter Bike Storage: Winter bicycle storage available in five residence halls (Tremblay, Hirsch, Shelov, Bluecher, and Obreshkove).
Contact ResLife to learn more.
- Events: Bard celebrates National Bike Month every May. May 17 - learn the 'safer' route to Bard from Taste Budd's
- Red Hook Greenway and Trails Committee—Host of annual Tour de Red Hook.
- 10% Challenge ArtBike Racks—In phase one, racks will appear in five locations in the village and town of Red Hook.