Bike riding has a long tradition at Bard and there are many resources available for those interested in using bicycle transport.
Bard students ride their bikes for Moving Planet Day.
- BikeShare—borrow one of 8 bikes from the BikePark. Sign out at Security. Contact Nate Oh (firstname.lastname@example.org) for details.
- Bike Rental through Revolution Bicycle
- Pedicab—Transport up to 3 special guests in style for your special event on campus. E-mail email@example.com to request the pedicab.
- Bike Parking—Olin bike park (commuter park), Cruger covered rack, Kline parking lot bus stop, and other covered locations are available on campus.
- Safer Route to Red Hook Village Map
- Bike Coop—student run club located in the Old Gym. Learn how to repair your bike with a peer mentor.
- Winter Bike Storage: Winter bicycle storage available in five residence halls (Tremblay, Hirsch, Shelov, Bluecher, and Obreshkove).
Contact ResLife to learn more.
- Events: Bard celebrates National Bike Month every May. Learn the 'safer' route to Bard from Taste Budd's
- Red Hook Greenway and Trails Committee—Host of annual Tour de Red Hook, a community Village to Village bike ride that runs through Bard each May.
- 10% Challenge ArtBike Racks—5 bike racks are at in the village and town of Red Hook, topped with spherical art.