Community and Engagement
Throughout the year, the Bard Office of Sustainability (BOS) engages our community about issues relevant to transportation and sustainability.
- Two MeetUps
- Taste Budd's Chocolate & Coffee Cafe in Red Hook, time: TBA. Friday bikers: TEXT 'ibike' to 845-538-4055 and get a free small coffee before the ride. Offer good for all Bard bikers till 11am.
- Murray's in Tivoli, time: TBA. You could ride your mountain bike on the trail to Bard through the woods, or get on your road bike and have a longer but smoother commute. Text or email to let us know which ride and what departure time you'd prefer: 845 464 8025, firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the sign up sheet outside Murray's
- Community / Family: Bike Rodeo at the HS Sat. 5/17 1-4pm. learn more on FB
- Community/ Family: The Red Hook Greenway and Trails Committee will host the annual Tour de Red Hook. Sun., 5/18, 1-3 PM - this family friendly ride connects Bard with both Villages, Red Hook & Tivoli on an afternoon in May. Find it on FaceBook each year.
- Red Hook’s Centers and Greenspace Plan section includes notes about how to achieve traffic calming.
- NYS DOT has commuter information via Web and phone at NY511.
- Commuters—Want to bike to work and then shower? Use the showers at the gym or on the second floor of Buildings and Grounds.
- 10% Challenge ArtBike Racks—Along with the Town of Red Hook Conservation Advisory Council and with the support of the Town and Village of Red Hook, we installed five bike racks. Each rack has a fiberglass sphere atop designed by a Red Hook artist. Find the racks at Migliorelli’s Village Farm Stand, Taste Budd’s, Town Hall, Village Hall, and Holy Cow ice cream in Hardscrabble Plaza.