Community and Engagement
Throughout the year, the Bard Office of Sustainability (BOS) engages our community about issues relevant to transportation and sustainability.
Bard celebrates National Bike Month every May.
- Bike to Bard Day is Friday May 15 - Pedal on your own or join a ride.
Village of Red Hook Ride
: Meet Laurie at Taste Budd's Chocolate & Coffee Cafe
in Red Hook, 8:15am. Friday bikers: TEXT 'ibike' to 845-538-4055 and get a free small coffee before the ride. Offer good for all Bard bikers till 11am. (You can drive to the village lot!) NEW Kingston Bridge Ride:
Meet Dan and on the west side of the Kingston Bridge (departs 8:15am from the parking lot adjacent to the on ramp for the bridge on Flatbush/32S).
- Bike TuneUp with Najee: 4:30pm-6pm Mondays in May till Commencement at the Bike Park by Security. Call for an appointment: 718-496-1856
- Saturday, May 16, 1pm-4pm: Red Hook Village & Town are hosting the annual Tour de Red Hook and a Bike Rodeo. This family friendly event and ride takes place at the RH High School
- Red Hook’s Centers and Greenspace Plan section includes notes about how to achieve traffic calming.
- NYS DOT has commuter information via Web and phone at NY511.
- Commuters—Want to bike to work and then shower? Use the showers at the gym or on the second floor of Buildings and Grounds.
- 10% Challenge ArtBike Racks—Along with the Town of Red Hook Conservation Advisory Council and with the support of the Town and Village of Red Hook, we installed five bike racks. Each rack has a fiberglass sphere atop designed by a Red Hook artist. Find the racks at Migliorelli’s Village Farm Stand, Taste Budd’s, Town Hall, Village Hall, and Holy Cow ice cream in Hardscrabble Plaza.