Community and Engagement
Throughout the year, the Bard Office of Sustainability (BOS) engages our community about issues relevant to transportation and sustainability.
MAY EVENTS - take the Bard Bike 2013 pledge
- Bard celebrates National Bike Month every May. Bike to Bard Day is Friday May 17.
- Two MeetUps
- Taste Budd's Chocolate & Coffee Cafe between 8:00 and 8:30am; we will depart for Bard on the 'safer' route at 8:30am. Friday bikers: TEXT 'ibike' to 845-538-4055 and get a free small coffee before the ride. Offer good for all Bard bikers till 11am.
- Murrays in Tivoli, 8:00am. You could ride your mountain bike on the trail to Bard through the woods, or get on your road bike and have a longer but smoother commute. Text or email to let us know which ride you prefer: 845 464 8025, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Saturday May 11 - join the EcoReps for a guided bike ride to the Village of Red Hook. It's also Red Hook's Apple Blossom Day, so bring some money and browse the street vendors.
- Red Hook Greenway and Trails Committee hosts the annual Tour de Red Hook. May 19 - this family friendly ride connects Bard with both Villages, Red Hook & Tivoli on an afternoon in May. Find it on FaceBook each year.
- BOS leads a guided bike ride to the Village of Red Hook each August for incoming students. We visit a farm stand, Holy Cow ice cream store or Taste Budd’s Chocolate and Coffee Café.
- Red Hook’s Centers and Greenspace Plan section includes notes about how to achieve traffic calming.
- NYS DOT has commuter information via Web and phone at NY511.
- Commuters—Want to bike to work and then shower? Use the showers at the gym or on the second floor of Buildings and Grounds.
- 10% Challenge ArtBike Racks—Along with the Town of Red Hook Conservation Advisory Council and with the support of the Town and Village of Red Hook, we installed five bike racks. Each rack has a fiberglass sphere atop designed by a Red Hook artist. Find the racks at Migliorelli’s Village Farm Stand, Taste Budd’s, Town Hall, Village Hall, and Holy Cow ice cream in Hardscrabble Plaza.