About Bard Phone Numbers
There are three types of telephone numbers on the Bard Campus.Extensions
DID (Direct Inward Dialing)
- If your phone number extension begins with a 3, 6 or an 8, your number is an extension.
- In order to reach an extension from off campus, the caller will be required to dial the main college number, 845-758-6822 and enter your four digit extension number.
- Extensions which typically look like this: 845-758-6822 ext. XXXX.
- If your four digit number begins with a 7, you have been assigned a DID (Direct Inward Dialing) number.
- DID numbers can be reached from off-campus by dialing the number directly (845-758-7XXX).
- If your four digit number begins with a 2, 4 or a 5, you have also been assigned a DID number. However, your exchange will be 752. So, an off campus caller will dial 845-752-XXXX to reach you directly.
- To report telephone troubles and/or requests, please create an online work order using the attached link. http://inside.bard.edu/bandg/
- To report internet troubles, please contact the Bard Helpdesk at x7500 or email@example.com.
- Further questions should be directed to B&G x7465. Please be sure to leave all of the information necessary for a technician to thoroughly troubleshoot and correct the situation. (Name, Building, Room Number, Jack Number, and Problem or Issue)
General Use Details
- There is no student dial tone in the dormitory rooms.
- There are hall phones located on each floor of the dormitories.
- Each hall phone allows for the capability to dial on-campus (4-digit) extensions, local calls and 800 numbers.
- Local and 800 calls require that you dial 9 first
- There is an emergency telephone on the exterior wall of each dormitory entrance.
To set up your voicemail for the first time:
How to check your voicemail from your office phone:
- Dial x7600 and the default Pass Code of 1234.
- Then, follow the tutorial. If you have trouble, please place an On Line work order to have the voice mail box rebuilt for you. http://inside.bard.edu/bandg/
- Dial Voice Mail Ext. 7600
- When prompted enter your password
How to check your voicemail out of your office:
- Dial 845-758-7600; wait for the voice mail system to answer.
- When you hear the Greeting, Press 9 + your 4 digit mailbox number
- When prompted enter your password.
Helpful commands while listening to messages:
Forwarding your phone to voicemail
- To Repeat the message: Press #
- To Save a Message: Press 7
- To Delete a Message: Press 6
- To Skip a Message: Press 5
- Reply to the Message: Press 4
- Mark as New: Press 0
There are three forwarding commands:
- Calls to go to voicemail after four rings: Listen for dial tone and enter #7 and hang up. To forward to voice mail, enter *7 7600
- Calls to go to voicemail when phone is busy: Listen for dial tone and enter #1 and hang up. To forward, enter *1 7600
- All calls to go directly to voicemail: Listen for dial tone and enter #2 and hang up. To forward, enter *2 7600