Campus Facilities

Jim and Mary Ottaway Gatehouse for International Study

The Jim and Mary Ottaway Gatehouse for International Study --
Photo: The Jim and Mary Ottaway Gatehouse for International Study

Home to the Institute for International Liberal Education, the hexagonal gatehouse to the Blithewood estate is one of the oldest buildings on campus. Designed by Alexander Jackson Davis and constructed in 1842, the building is a designated state and federal historical landmark. In 2004, the gatehouse was renamed for James Haller Ottaway Jr. and Mary Hyde Ottaway, who have generously supported Bard's international programs and students since 1988.

Click here for more information
Campus Location: South