- About Bard
- Campus Life
- News & Events
Ludlow Hall is the main administrative building on campus, housing the Offices of the President, Vice President for Administration, the Dean of the College, Institute for Writing and Thinking, the Language and Thinking Program, Registrar, Alumni/ae Affairs and Development, and Human Resources.
Ludlow Willink Hall was completed in 1869, the gift of sisters Miss Elizabeth Ludlow and Mrs. Cornelia Ann Willink, whose pastor at Trinity Church in New York City suggested the donation. It was the home of Robert Brinkerhoff Fairbairn, the "Great Warden" who first took office in 1882, until his retirement in 1888. Over the years it has been used as a college hall, alumni hall, and as faculty residences. Ludlow Willink Hall retains much of the charm of its ornate and yet warm 19th-century architecture.