Sustainablility Intern- Princeton, NJ
Job Title: Summer Sustainability Intern
Location: Princeton, NJ
Hours and Compensation: full time
Position Dates (if applicable): summer 2012
Application Deadline: currently accepting applications
Posted on: Feb 9th
NRG Energy is a Fortune 500 company at the forefront of changing how people think about and use energy. NRG is a pioneer in developing cleaner and smarter energy choices for our customers: whether as one of the largest solar power developers in the country, or by building the first privately funded electric vehicle charging infrastructure or by giving customers the latest smart energy solutions to better manage their energy use. Our diverse power generating facilities can support more than 20 million homes and our retail electricity providers – Reliant, Green Mountain Energy Company and Energy Plus – serve more than two million customers.
The summer intern will be involved with:
- Research on state and regional regulatory provisions and developments that will affect the viability of distributed generation development, for both residential and commercial scale, in key states and regional power markets.
- Collaboration with various members of NRG’s Solar, Retail and Regulatory groups on projects identified by SVP, Sustainability, Policy and Strategy.
- Taking direction on projects from the Sr. Analyst, Policy and Strategy and Sustainability
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Engineering or Law
- Strong interest in renewable energy, regulatory policy and new business development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Research skills in complex subjects such as law, regulation or engineering
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in an open office team setting
- Able to quickly learn and take on new responsibilities
- Proficient in basic computer programs including Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint
How to Apply: