Conservation Leadership Programme Intern- Arlington, VA
Organization: CLP: Conservation Leadership Programme in Conservation International
Job Title: Intern
Location: Arlington, VA
Hours and Compensation: unpaid, volunteer position
Position Dates (if applicable):
Application Deadline: currently accepting apps
Posted on: Jan 25th
The Conservation Leadership Programme (CLP) is looking for an intern who will report to the CLP Senior Program Specialist in the Science & Knowledge division of CI to support the training activities of the CLP. The intern will be exposed to the workings of a large, international NGO, as well as the day to day operations of the CLP with the aim to build the capacity of emerging conservation practitioners. The CLP has been providing training opportunities since 1997 and the training program continues to grow and evolve with the changing needs of the CLP alumni. There are two main branches to the training programme, the international training provided to the yearly CLP award winners, and local training courses where we continue to build capacity of our alumni as they progress through their careers. The intern will assist with various aspects of the CLP training programme.
- Conduct a literature review on training in conservation to inform a developing CLP Training Programme strategy document
- Assist with logistics of planning the international training course (book flights for participants, process reimbursements for participants, prepare materials for training, etc…)
- Compile survey results for various training courses
- Provide other program support where needed
- This position is located in CI-Headquarters in Arlington, VA
- Normal office environment
- High school degree plus at least two years of undergraduate curriculum toward a bachelor’s degree.
- Experience conducting scientific literature reviews.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Computer literacy at a high level.
- Ability to work independently, efficiently and prioritize and keen interest in conservation and capacity building.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Working towards bachelor’s or master’s degree in Conservation Biology, Enviro Science, Enviro Education or related fields.
How to Apply: