Safe Water Network Program Internship- NY, NY
Organization: Safe Water Network
Job Title: Program Internship
Location: New York City
Hours and Compensation: $50-$100/week stipend; 15-30 hours per week.
Position Dates: The duration of this internship may be flexible for up to 1 year depending on fit of candidate, but only candidates looking for a commitment of a minimum of 12 weeks will be considered. The start date is also flexible, but no later than May 15th.
Application Deadline: April 30, 2012
Posted on: February 15, 2012
Safe Water Network is a not-for-profit organization that addresses one of the most significant global challenges facing current and future generations – access to safe water. This critical global issue and pressing global health challenge impacts more than 1 billion people.
Safe Water Network works to develop economically viable and region appropriate solutions that are informed by in-field initiatives and led by teams of leading sector professionals. Working with a global network of organizations and stakeholders (PepsiCo International, International Finance Corporation, Merck, IBM, Hilton Foundation and others) Safe Water Network addresses a range of challenges to develop affordable solutions for community-level deployment of safe water systems in developing world settings.
A graduate-level intern is needed for roughly 15-30 hours per week. The intern will work directly with program staff and assist in the analysis and documentation related to the provision of safe drinking water in India and Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Collecting data across multiple sources (scholarly journals, government and non-profit reports, staff interviews, etc.);
- Compiling and analyzing information on existing projects and their impacts;
- Preparing written reports and case studies;
- Other tasks as assigned
Ideal candidate will
- be in the process of obtaining a Master’s degree in Public Health, Public Policy, Public Administration or a related field;
- have experience with health challenges in developing countries, environmental health, issues related to poverty and access to basic services, or related topics;
- possess strong written and verbal communication skills and analytical skills;
- be familiar and comfortable with research; including translating research for larger audiences;
- be self-driven, independent and reliable.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a resume and letter outlining his/her qualifications, interests and availability to email@example.com. Indicate in the subject line: ‘PROGRAM INTERNSHIP’.