CVSG Summer Intern- New York, New York
Organization: The Aspen Institute, Business and Society Program
Job Title: CVSG Summer Intern
Location: New York, New York
Hours and Compensation: 20-40 hours per week; paid.
Position Dates (if applicable): 10-12 weeks
Application Deadline: Now accepting applications
The Aspen Institute Business and Society Program is dedicated to developing leaders for a sustainable global society. Through dialogues and path-breaking research, we create opportunities for executives and educators to explore new pathways to sustainability and values-based leadership.
The Aspen Institute Business & Society Program seeks a college student with interest in business, the future of capitalism, and social/environmental sustainability for a summer internship (20-40 hours per week for 8-10 weeks).
The CVSG Summer Intern will assist with one or more projects of the Business & Society Program (final project(s) to be determined depending on start date of internship and interests of Summer Intern):
- Work on one or more projects of the Corporate Values Strategy Group. (Check online for more about our current projects.) The Intern would be expected to make meaningful contributions to research projects (one will be focused on the topic of quarterly earnings guidance) and events that will bring business executives, investment professionals, academics and other experts together to explore issues that will impact the future of business practice and education. This assistance will include primary and secondary research and possibly some assistance with event logistics.
- In 2012-13, the Aspen Institute seeks to engage business leaders, together with leaders from other sectors, in a “design challenge” to answer the question: over the balance of this century, how can capitalism evolve to best serve society. As part of this project, the Intern will assist a senior staff member in developing and distributing a series of essays on capitalism written by prominent thinkers, and will help research potential CEO-level participants for a 2013 senior dialogue on this topic.
- As time permits, the Summer Intern may assist with other work of the Business & Society Program.
- Able to effectively and efficiently conduct primary and secondary research, especially in the area of finance and economics
- Experience conducting literature reviews; ability to quickly and concisely summarize scholarly papers and popular articles
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Candidates with prior experience in finance, economics, or investor relations would be preferred
How to Apply:
Apply online >>>>here<<<<
All applicants must submit the following:
- Cover note indicating why you are interested in this position.
- Relevant CV for the CVSG Summer Intern position.
Cover note is required and should highlight your specific qualifications for this position and why this internship is of interest. Cover note can be uploaded at Step 5 of the online application process.
No visa sponsorship available; this internship is open to US citizens or permanent residents only.