Sodexo & WWF Summer Intern- Washington, D.C.
Organization: Sodexo and World Wildlife Fund
Job Title: Summer Intern
Location: Washington, D.C.
Hours and Compensation: Full-time; paid.
Position Dates (if applicable): 3 – 4 months beginning in May 2012
Application Deadline: April 27, 2012
Posted on: March 23, 2012
In 2010 Sodexo and World Wildlife Fund (WWF) signed a partnership to further build Sodexo’s CSR and sustainability strategic leadership while exploring the robust potential of a public-private partnership. Key focal points of the partnership include: food and agriculture supply chain, greenhouse gas emissions (ghg), water and seafood.
The individual who fills this position will assist with the Sodexo- WWF relationship by working on greenhouse gas emissions and water use associated with Sodexo’s supply chain. The position will be hosted in the Washington D.C. area at Sodexo and WWF.
WWF and Sodexo seek a young professional with strong interests in sustainable supply chain management, food systems, and public-private partnerships. The position will work with industry leaders to interpret science-based data to design and employ buyer side food systems sustainability initiatives. Fundamentally, we are looking for someone with the personality and skill set to comfortably work both with the experts at WWF and industry leaders at Sodexo to drive environmental sustainability throughout Sodexo’s expansive supply chain.
- Understanding of “value-chain sustainability indices”
- Ability to employ and conduct Life Cycle Assessment and energy flow analysis
- Understanding of global GHG issues and carbon accounting/reduction mechanisms
- Understanding of “business case” for sustainability
- Familiarity with corporate CSR initiatives and trends
- Familiarity with food and agriculture industry, farming practices
- Professional or academic background in supply chain management
- Genuine interest in fulfilling WWF and Sodexo’s sustainability goals
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills – demonstrated ability to communicate complex ideas and initiatives to disparate hierarchical and professional audiences
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Comfortable researching, analyzing, interpreting, and applying scientific/technical data.
- Current or recent Graduate Level (MS/MBA/MPP/etc) student;
- Ability to relocate to Washington D.C. area for duration of the summer position;
- Meets above qualifications
How to Apply: