Organic Farm to Restaurant Coordinator- New York, NY
Organization: The Northeast Organic Farming Association of New York, Inc. (NOFA-NY)
Job Title: Organic Farm to Restaurant Coordinator
Location: New York, NY
Hours and Compensation: 20 – 40 hrs/wk, $10,000- $13,000
Benefits: travel expenses for business trips
Position Dates (if applicable): May 2012-July 2013
Application Deadline: open until filled
Posted on: March 28
Organization Overview: The Northeast Organic Farming Association of New York, Inc. (NOFA-NY) is the oldest and largest organization in New York devoted to organic and sustainable farming and gardening, and counts over 800 farms among its 1700 members of farmers, gardeners, and eaters.
- Act as a sourcing/marketing interface for restaurants and regional organic farms during the length of the contract.
This position is an independent contractor position. Compensation: $10,000-$13,000 dependent on experience, plus travel to attend necessary events.
- Communicate with Program Advisory Committee on event program, objectives and logistics.
- Contract event venues, audio-visual support, and necessary equipment and supplies within project budget and with approval from NOFA-NY.
- Identify and solicit potential sponsors and trade-show vendors for conference.
- Identify, recruit and coordinate speakers and workshop hosts.
- Develop event brochure and program text for coordination with graphic designer.
- Identify and collaborate with potential event and program partners.
- Communicate with the chefs at event locations to solidify menus and ingredient lists that include 100% locally-sourced organic foods.
- Communicate pre-event and on-site needs with NOFA-NY staff (registration, tradeshow, donations, event support).
- Provide technical assistance and support to restaurants and farms seeking information about farm sourcing, pricing and distribution.
- Develop support materials and resources for NOFA-NY.
- Ensure all staff and volunteer areas are running smoothly: registration, tradeshow, meals, programming, etc.
- Introduce and thank keynote speakers, advisory committee members and other VIPs as appropriate.
- Write thank you letters to all food donors (if applicable), event chefs, sponsors, presenters and committee members.
- Write a 6-month and final project report for the program’s funder.
How to Apply:Position open until filled. Please send cover letter, resume, and three references to Lea@nofany.org by Friday, April 20, 2012. Interviews will be offered to select candidates on a rolling basis.
NOFA-NY is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.