Outreach and Membership Coordinator – Woodstock, NY
Organization: Woodstock Land Conservancy
Job Title: Outreach and Membership Coordinator
Location: Woodstock, NY / Ulster County
Hours and Compensation: 20 hours/week; Salary high teens
Position Dates: 20 hours/wk starting spring 2012; potential for 30 hours or more in 2013
Application Deadline: April 20, 2012
Posted On: April 12, 2012
The Woodstock Land Conservancy is a non-profit organization committed to the protection and preservation of the open lands, forests, wetlands, scenic areas, and historic sites in Woodstock and surrounding parts of the Eastern Catskills.
The Outreach and Membership Coordinator is responsible for organizing and implementing outreach events, advancing WLC’s membership development, maintaining and managing WLC’s donor database, preparing and disseminating communications (including a website) recruiting and managing volunteers, and assisting the Executive Director (ED) in organizational administration. Specific job responsibilities are described under “Duties” below.
The Membership and Office Coordinator will incorporate the practice and promotion of WLC’s core values, which include respect, teamwork, flexibility, accountability, problem solving, a “can do” attitude, commitment to community, and professionalism. This is a ½ time (20 hours per week) position hired by and directly accountable to the ED.
- Outreach and Membership/Donor Development (50%)
- Work with the ED and board of directors in planning and executing short- and long-term goals and strategies for outreach and education programming to current and new constituents.
- Organize, coordinate, and attend outreach events throughout the year, including nature walks and hikes at Sloan Gorge Preserve and other WLC properties.
- Help coordinate group visits to WLC properties.
- Work with the ED and board in planning and executing short- and long-term goals and strategies for development and fundraising, including membership, major donor, and business and on-profit cultivation.
- Assist with researching and identifying individual, business, and foundation major gift prospects.
- Prepare and maintain membership and donor development calendar and provide periodic reports on annual outreach and membership goals. Prepare foundation updates and outreach materials for review, as requested.
- Database Management (35%)
- Maintain and manage WLC’s GiftWorks donor database, mailing lists, and other data about development.
- Prepare reports and other database services as requested by the ED and the board.
- Ensure cross-training with the ED, board members, and other staff on the database system.
- Executive Director Assistance (10%)
- Coordinate the receipt and dissemination of committee reports, mailings, refreshments, and record minutes at Board meetings.
- Prepare correspondence for ED, particularly donor letters.
- Prepare materials for new board members prior to orientation.
- Assist ED and Board with special projects and tasks as appropriate.
- Volunteer Coordination (5%)
- Design, coordinate, and grow WLC’s volunteer program, including attracting, training, and acknowledging volunteers.
- Ensure all necessary systems are in place to manage, communicate with, and engage volunteers for events and projects.
- Oversee volunteers at WLC events.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and publication software necessary.
- Experience in producing written materials, large fundraising mailings, website content management, and database management preferred.
- Familiarity with Eastern Catskill communities a plus.
- Own transportation and access to Internet required.
- WLC will provide training, PC-based computer, and other equipment as needed. Salary high teens.
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter or email describing your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 20, 2012. For more information about WLC, see www.woodstocklandconservancy.org