Environmental Policy Manager- Newark, NJ
Job Title: Environmental Policy Manager
Location: Newark, NJ
Hours and Compensation: full time, paid
Application Deadline: n/a
Posted on: April 16
PSE&G is highly regarded for its reliable service. In 2009 PSE&G was named for the fourth time in five years as America’s most reliable electric utility, by receiving the prestigious National Reliability Excellence Award from the industry benchmarking group, PA Consulting. PSE&G was recognized as a result of significant investments the utility makes in its delivery system and the constant commitment of skilled personnel. This achievement goes along with the ReliabilityOne Award for the Mid-Atlantic region, which PSE&G has garnered for the tenth year, in recognition of superior electric-system reliability. Additionally, PSE&G won a 2008 Balanced Scorecard Achievement Award for its customer service results in revenue protection.
As electric and gas markets are deregulated by state and national governments, PSEG is committed to identifying and seizing opportunities in energy services and related fields, while maintaining its high level of gas and electric service to its traditional residential and business customers.
Description and Responsibilities
Develop and implement corporate environmental policies and practices consistent with PSEG’s stated environmental principles. Provide PSEG companies with timely guidance and support in implementing applicable environmental regulations, and corporate environmental policies and practices. Assist in due diligence process for merger and acquisition opportunities. Build relationships of integrity and trust on environmental matters with both internal and external constituencies. Job Specific (functional/technical): Thorough understanding of the federal Clean Air Act and state air quality regulations and programs. Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated leadership capability. Must be politically savvy and tenacious in pursuit of results.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science, economics or related fields.
• Ten years of environmental management, environmental consulting, and/or environmental regulatory experience, including substantial experience resolving air quality issues.
• Must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity.
Must demonstrate and value differences in others’ strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices.
• Graduate degree in economics, public policy, law, or related fields, and/or substantial facility operational experience.
• Legislative or political experience.
• Working knowledge of production cost models and other financial forecasting tools and/or work experience related to commodity trading.
How to Apply:
apply online here!
or visit the PSEG web page for more information