Executive Assistant–Ossining, New York
Job Title: Executive Assistant
Location: Ossining, New York
Application Deadline: June 8
Posted on: May 10
Established in 1966, Riverkeeper is an independent, member-supported environmental organization whose mission is to protect the ecological integrity of the Hudson River and its watershed, and to safeguard the drinking water supply of nine million New Yorkers (New York City and lower Hudson Valley residents). For more information, visit www.riverkeeper.org.
The Executive Assistant will provide administrative support to the President of the organization. Responsibilities include scheduling meetings (Board of Directors, donors and partners), making travel arrangements, preparing reports, handling staff, media, and information requests, preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls and performing other clerical functions. Strong computer and internet research skills are required. The position calls for flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience, and the ability to work well at all levels of the organization.
- Manage and maintain executive calendar.
- Provide telephone coverage – answer executive phone calls, take accurate messages, know executive calendar at all times, handle urgent calls with appropriate judgment.
- Prepare memos, letters, and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, or presentation software.
- Read and analyze incoming memos, submissions, and reports to determine their significance and plan their distribution.
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email.
- File and retrieve corporate documents, records, and reports.
- Prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries.
- Arrange group meetings – schedule meetings with all parties, book meeting rooms & call-in numbers, arrange special meeting facilities (food, PC projector, etc), send meeting confirmation e-mails, prepare & distribute meeting materials.
- Handle business travel – book travel arrangements, coordinate out-of-town meeting schedule, prepare travel & expense reports.
- Work on special projects at the request of the Executive Director and/or senior management, including collecting information, responding to requests, obtaining service, etc.
- Miscellaneous support: prepare copies, handle faxes, and maintain orderly, fully-functioning work area for executive.
- Handle confidential and non-routine information.
- Other duties as assigned or needed.
The listed responsibilities are intended to describe the essential functions of the position. They are not an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities, and requirements.
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Ability to act independently, tactfully, diplomatically and professionally at all times
- Strong attention to details
- Strong time management and ability to manage own time along with the time of others.
- Superb problem solving and project management skills.
- Excellent writing, communication, and proofreading skills
- Excellent active listening skills, giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made and asking questions as appropriate
- Enthusiastic, positive team player with a great sense of humor, dependable, and collaborative.
- A minimum of five plus years’ administrative assistant experience in a fast-paced environment
How to Apply
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and a writing sample to Chelsea Kadish at firstname.lastname@example.org NO LATER THAN JUNE 8th, 2012. Please write: EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT in the subject line. Phone calls and faxes will not be accepted.
Riverkeeper is AA/EEO employer.
People of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.