Green Business Best Practices Intern–Washington, DC
Organization: Green America
Job Title: Green Business Best Practices Intern
Location: Washington, DC
Hours and Compensation: Unpaid
Application Deadline: May 30th
Posted on: May 11th
Green America (www.greenamerica.org) Is A Nonprofit Membership Organization Whose Mission Is To Harness Economic Power – The Strength Of Consumers, Investors, Businesses, And The Marketplace – To Create A Socially Just And Environmentally Sustainable Society.
Green America’s Green Business Network (GBN) (www.greenbusinessnetwork.org) Is The First And Largest Association Of Socially And Environmentally Responsible Businesses In The Nation. Working Together, GBN Combines Community, Environmental Sustainability, And Social Justice In A Way That Builds Each Business, Benefits Everyone, And Helps Heal The Planet. The GBN Team Provides All Key Services To The Approximately 4,000 Business Members And Is Central To The Mission Of Green America.
This Fall The Green Business Network Is Launching A Sustainability Tool Called GreenGain In Combination With A Tiered Membership. Both Of These Are Grounded In The Approval Process For The Seal Of Approval That Green America Has Had In Place For Businesses For Almost Twenty Years. This Intern Will Work Directly With The Staff Of GBN In Its Communication With Members Regarding Membership Renewals, Introduction And Use Of The Tool, And Research And Evaluation Of Companies.
This Position Is A Wonderful Opportunity For An Individual Interested In Work With A Long-time Leader In Growing The Green Marketplace. It Is A Place To Learn About The Intersection Of Sustainability And Small Business Within A Committed, Fun Community.
Administrative Duties Include:
- Phone Calls To Current And Former Members To Introduce The New Sustainability Tool.
- Familiarity With The Sustainability Tool And The Ability To Walk Members Through The Use Of The Tool.
- Email Exchanges Regarding Any Questions Related To Use Of The Tool And Membership Status.
- Coordinate Outreach And Planning For Standards Advisory And Green Industry Working Group Committee Meetings.
Research Responsibilities Include:
- Research Social And Environmental Issues Relating To Small Businesses And Participate In The Ongoing Development Of The Sustainability Tool.
- Prepare Sustainability Initiatives Specific To Industries, Including Full Description, Steps, Trivia, And Resources.
- Review Company Profiles In The Sustainability Tool, Including An Examination Of Completed Initiatives And The Company Website
- Research Additional Industry-specific Information And Prepare Materials For Advisory Committee Meetings.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills.
- Excellent Research Skills.
- Strong Writing And Verbal Communication Skills.
- Highly Organized And Detail Oriented.
- Ability To Take Initiative In Flagging Concerns/problems And Offering Possible Solutions.
- Comfort Working Independently In A Highly Collaborative Environment Where Creativity Is Encouraged.
- A Passion For Social And Environmental Justice.
- A Strong Interest In Working With And Learning About Small Businesses Committed To The Green Marketplace.
How to Apply
Resume And Cover Letter To email@example.com. No Calls Please.