Program Coordinator: Corporate Social Respinsobility- New York, NY
Organization: The NBCUniversal Corporate Responsibility Group
Job Title: Program Coordinator
Location: New York, NY
Hours and Compensation: salary commensurate with experience
Application Deadline: rolling
Posted on: May 15
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. Comcast Corporation owns a controlling 51% interest in NBCUniversal, with GE holding a 49% stake.
The NBCUniversal Corporate Responsibility Group engages and positions NBCUniversal in relation to important societal matters in a way that positively affects both targeted pro social issues as well as our overall business.
It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Reporting to the VP of Corporate Community Affairs but also supporting other senior team members in program development and marketing functions, the coordinator will be responsible for helping to facilitate the creation, planning and execution of cause programs and projects. This will include working on several cross company initiatives including Green in Universal, the More You Know campaign and Comcast Cares Day.
The ideal candidate will have expertise in and a passion for social responsibility, clear communication skills and strong research and writing abilities. Candidate must also possess strong time management and project management capabilities, and be comfortable multi-tasking in a busy environment.
- Work with members of the Corporate Social Responsibility team to help facilitate the development of new cause programs by assisting with concepting, planning, execution and measurement functions.
- Research program issues, national trends, and potential partners to help inform the team throughout program development
- Support the staff leads with the coordination and development of The More You Know program. Including talent and shoot coordination, and ideation and execution of program extensions
- Support the marketing and digital leads for Green is Universal with project management and by working closely with agencies and production
- Manage employee engagement efforts, including programs specific to Earth Week and other corporate initiatives, such as Comcast’s annual companywide day of service, Comcast Cares Day
- Track internal pro social activity, contributing to the production and distribution of annual corporate social responsibility report
- Manage internal CSR reporting for external communications
- Manage project budgets, timelines, goals and impact measurement
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 1+ year of experience in public affairs, marketing, communications, or CSR program development
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #:5493BR)
- Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice (if applicable)
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States (if applicable
- 2+ years of relevant experience is preferred
- Strong project and time management skills
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Outlook)
- Strong research skills
- Clear business writing acumen
- Experience working with a cross-functional team
- Ability to manage tasks and take direction from multiple senior staffers at one time
- Excellent attention to detail
- Must have effective communication, interpersonal, collaboration and organizational skills
- Must possess strong attention to detail and ability to coordinate multiple assignments simultaneously while prioritizing workflow
- Must be highly motivated
- Team player able to work well under pressure
How to Apply: