Fight Fracking, Philadelphia, PA
Organization: Clean Water Action
Job Title: Canvasser
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Hours and Compensation: full time, $10-$13/hr
Position Dates: summer
Application Deadline: rolling
Posted on: May 16
As an employee of Clean Water Action you will spend your summer fundraising to fight the largest and most powerful corporate lobby group in this country: The oil and gas industry. We organize our community to speak up and hold our politicians accountable to protecting our waterways, our health, and our natural resources. Our focus here in PA is on getting regulations in place to protect against the Marcellus Shale natural gas industry. With deep corporate pockets on the opposite side who lobby to continue polluting our oceans, rivers and streams each day, we need an expanding grassroots base more than ever. You can be a part of growing that network this summer!
Clean Water Action is seeking Full Time Canvassers for our Philadelphia office. Clean Water Action (CWA) is a national, grassroots environmental organization that seeks to protect the environment and public health, promote passage of strong environmental laws, and help communities address local environmental problems affecting them.
This position encompasses working within a team of dedicated individuals in an effort to win canvass campaigns, having fun, maintaining fundraising and organizational standards, educating and motivating the public to take action on environmental policies and concerns, and mobilizing people to vote for politicians who will fight for our public health!
Starting rate of $10-$13 per hour + Bonus. Attractive benefits package.
• Motivation is a must.
• Strong communication skills.
• Available to work full time hours at least through the summer. Availability through the fall is preferred.
Pave The Way To Your Non-profit Career:
• Advancement opportunities are based on merit.
• Salaried leadership positions are available with paid training.
• Clean Water Action will be opening new offices across the country. It’s an election year and a lot is at stake! We will need to fill critical leadership and management positions to make an impact on elections, battling corporate lobbyists.
• NOW IS THE TIME!
How to Apply:
Call 215-545-0250. Or through our website at: http://www.cleanwateraction.org/canvass-jobs. CWA is an equal opportunity employer.