LEED for Homes Associate – Portland, OR
Organization: Earth Advantage Institute
Job Title: LEED for Homes Associate
Location: Portland, OR
Hours and Compensation: Full time; Salary commensurate with experience
Position Dates: Immediately
Application Deadline: June 14, 2012; open until filled
Posted On: May 23, 2012
Promoting the wise use of energy and natural resources in a carbon constrained world, Earth Advantage Institute (EAI) will be the nation’s leading organization in providing green building and climate solutions for clients in the building trades. EAI, on Oregon 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation, certifies new and remodeled homes as a third‐party verifier for the ENERGY STAR® and LEED for Homes® programs, as well as for its own residential, community, and commercial programs. In addition, EAI provides green design and consulting services, conducts education and training seminars, and is a key contributor to the development of green building standards. The organization includes over 400 builders, remodelers, and sponsors throughout Oregon, Southwest Washington, and Northern California, as well as licensed partners in Ashland and Eugene, Oregon.
To drive this mission, EAI is recruiting for a strong sales and technical expert to promote participation in the LEED for Homes and Earth Advantage Multifamily green building program.
The LEED for Homes Associate will report to and be directed by the senior green building consultant (SGBC) – LEED for Homes, and is responsible for implementing the day-to-day activities of the LEED for Homes and Earth Advantage Multifamily Homes programs. This includes contributing to revenue and net income growth, as well as and monthly, quarterly, and annual goal management.
For complete job description and application instructions, go to: http://www.earthadvantage.org/about-us/careers/
This position requires a combination of both strong sales and technical expertise to promote participation in the LEED for Homes and Multifamily green building programs. Discover, prospect and build relationships within the residential construction industry and its associated product vendors and allies for the purpose of successfully marketing the respective program. Reach agreements with project teams, builders, and developers ensuring that sales goals are met. Work with program participants in selecting measures and the respective installation of the measures to ensure program standards are maintained. Provide technical consulting, performance testing advice and certification of homes. Assist in the development of tools to successfully deliver the program to targeted markets. Represent LEED for Homes and Earth Advantage Multifamily programs at trade shows, home tours, and industry events.
Full description of responsibilities can be found here:
- Strong sales skills including persuasion and negotiation, group presentation, problem‐solving, and superior oral and written communication skills.
- Represent LEED for Homes and Earth Advantage in public venues such as industry events, trade shows, home shows and other events as appropriate.
- Passion for sustainability and green building strongly preferred.
- Thorough understanding of residential construction techniques, materials, and performance of energy‐related products as well as environmental and resource efficient products.
- Thorough knowledge of the features, advantages, and benefits of the equipment, materials, and construction/installation techniques promoted in the LEED for Homes, Earth Advantage, Energy Trust of Oregon and ENERGY STAR programs’ operations, technical specifications, and guidelines, including energy efficient and environmental measures.
- Thorough knowledge of the residential construction industry, including the permitting process, building codes, sub‐contracting, new home marketing, real estate sales, etc.
- Must be able to work remotely and independently using vehicle throughout the greater Portland metropolitan area, organize time effectively and keep appointments.
- Bachelors degree and minimum 4‐8 years professional experience preferred
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and good driving record and be able to occasionally carry heavy equipment (up to 50 lbs).
How to Apply
Please submit the following materials to apply for this position (PDF or Word format). Failure to include this specificity will discount your application from being reviewed or considered. Thank you for observing our detailed requirements.
- Cover letter detailing qualifications and salary requirements
- Three professional references (can provide on request, if preferred)
Email application materials to:
Subject line should read: “LEED Associate – Last name, First name”
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE