Outdoor Education Instructor – TX
Organization: The Outdoor School (TOS)
Job Title: Outdoor Education Instructor
Location: Marble Falls and Burton, TX
Hours, Benefits and Compensation: $215/week (with the opportunity for paid work on the weekends), housing, partial board, a staff lounge (with satellite TV and Internet access), two to three weeks of orientation and training, lifeguard/CPR/first aid certification, and pro deal purchases.
Position Dates: Fall season is mid-August through mid-December
Application Deadline: ASAP
Posted On: June 26, 2012
The Outdoor School is an outdoor education program designed to supplement the curriculum taught in the classroom. Serving students in grades 4-12, The Outdoor School offers a host of different courses, both academic and adventure based, that will allow you to customize a field trip that will meet the needs of your students. All courses are TEKS correlated and uniquely designed to foster students’ appreciation and use of the natural components of our property.
Along with the academic components of our classes, students also get to experience the recreational and social elements of having the program at a summer camp. For some of the students we serve, being able to pick out their bunk, seeing the stars at night, or even roasting a marshmallow over a campfire might be a first time experience.
• You will be learning and teaching pre-approved academic and adventure classes (these are described more on our website).
• You will be facilitating both Teambuilding and High Ropes Course.
• You will be teaching Astronomy.
• You will be potentially taking groups on field trips to surrounding natural areas.
• You will be leading fun, enthusiastic and crazy evening activities.
• You will rise early in the morning and go to bed late at night.
Applicants must either be in college or have a degree, love children, have the desire and ability to teach and work in the outdoors, and be self-motivated, flexible and patient. International applicants are also welcome to apply.
How to Apply
Please see their website for application information and general FAQs: http://www.outdoorschool.com/camp-for-all/employment–2/to-apply–2/