Environment Washingtong Intern – Seattle, WA
Organization: Environment Washington (state branch of Environment America)
Job Title: Intern
Location: Seattle, WA
Hours and Compensation: Unpaid, course credit where applicable
Position Dates: September 3, 2012 – August 10, 2012
Application Deadline: August 10th, 2012
Posted On: June 28th, 2012
If you want to spend the fall learning how to make a real impact on the decisions that affect the energy we use, the air we breathe, the water we drink and the places we love, apply for an internship with Environment Washington. We’re taking applications now for fall internships in Seattle.
You’ll learn how to analyze environmental problems, advocate for smart solutions, and build public support. And you’ll work one-on-one with one of our advocates and organizers, providing a unique, mentored experience.
- Researching critical environmental problems and preparing reports to release to the public
- Coordinating and attending media events, like news conferences
- Writing and publishing letters to the editor and working on news releases
- Attending lobby meetings with lawmakers and other decision-makers
- Working with coalition partners, like public health groups and other environmental groups
- Tracking legislation or regulations on the federal or state levels
- Generating public support for our campaigns, such as by collecting petitions or using social media
We are looking for current college students who care about our environment and are driven to preserve it for the future. We look for strong leadership skills, academic excellence, problem solving ability, top-notch written and verbal skills, eagerness to learn, and a sense of humor.
How to Apply
You can find out more about Environment Washington here: http://environmentwashington.org/
You can complete an online application for a fall internship here: http://jobs.environmentamerica.org/page/amr/internship-program-application.