Environment America Fall Intern – cities all over the country
Organization: Environment America
Job Title: Intern
Location: Portland, OR; Los Angeles, CA; Chicago, IL; Amherst, MA; Phoenix, AZ; Portland, ME; Tallahassee, FL; Atlanta, GA; Austin, TX; Boston, MA; Minneapolis, MN; Philadelphia, PA; Baltimore, MD; Sacramento, CA; St. Louis, MO; Albuquerque, NM; Albany, NY; Concord, NH; Trenton, NJ; Raleigh, NC; new York City, NY;
Hours and Compensation: Unpaid, course credit where applicable
Position Dates: September 3rd, 2012 – December 14th, 2012
Application Deadline: August 10th, 2012
Posted On: July 3rd, 2012
You’ll learn how to analyze environmental problems, advocate for smart solutions, and build public support. And you’ll work one-on-one with one of our advocates and organizers, providing a unique, mentored experience.
Through an internship with Environment Oregon you’ll get the training and the experience you need to be better prepared for a career in the environmental movement. And each year, Environment America (Environment Oregon’s national affiliate) hires passionate, talented and committed college graduates to join our two-year Fellowship Program. Some of our former interns have gone on to become some of our most successful Fellows. And if you are a graduating senior you can apply for the Fellowship Program here, http://jobs.environmentamerica.org/jobs/amr/fellowship-program.
- Researching critical environmental problems and preparing reports to release to the public
- Coordinating and attending media events, like news conferences
- Writing and publishing letters to the editor and working on news releases
- Attending lobby meetings with lawmakers and other decision-makers
- Working with coalition partners, like public health groups and other environmental groups
- Tracking legislation or regulations on the federal or state levels
- Generating public support for our campaigns, such as by collecting petitions or using social media
And you’ll attend briefings and trainings to learn more about environmental issues and gain advocacy and organizing skills.
We are looking for current college students who care about our environment and are driven to preserve it for the future. We look for strong leadership skills, academic excellence, problem solving ability, top-notch written and verbal skills, eagerness to learn, and a sense of humor.
How to Apply
You can complete an online application for a fall internship here:http://jobs.environmentamerica.org/page/amr/internship-program-application.
You can find out more about Environment America here: http://www.environmentamerica.org/.