Executive Search Intern – San Francisco, CA
Organization: Isaacson, Miller
Job Title: Executive Search Intern
Location: San Francisco, CA
Hours and Compensation: 18 hours per week, $12/hour stipend. Any applicant should be available to work approximately 16-20 hours per week through the end of the year
Position Dates: Start ASAP through the end of the year, with the possibility of extending into the coming year
Application Deadline: Send in ASAP
Posted on: July 13th, 2012
Isaacson, Miller was founded in 1982 at a time when nonprofit organizations and public agencies rarely used executive search firms. From our inception, we have been committed to strengthening and diversifying the leadership of the civic sector and all of our staff members share a fundamental commitment to our clients’ missions.
Today we conduct nationwide searches across the entire civic sector and across all the core functions of the institutions within it. We have strong practices in higher education, including leading universities and colleges at every tier; in K-12, especially in educational improvement organizations and schools of education; in science and social science research institutions, both within and outside the academy; in health care, particularly academic health care; in environmental defense; in foundations; in arts and cultural organizations; in economic development organizations; in human service agencies; and in civil and human rights advocacy organizations, national and international. While most of our clients are not-for-profits, we also work with public agencies, and with select for-profit organizations, particularly those with ties to education and science, as well as with socially responsible companies.
We are currently seeking an intern to join the team in our San Francisco office. The intern will support and facilitate the work of a search team, consisting of a partner, one or two associates, and a team administrator by assisting in all phases of their search activities and working closely with others in the office.
- Substantial data entry
- Client and candidate online research
- Written material production
- The ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and independently
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, detail rich environment which is ultimately client centered and teamwork based
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Professional, administrative experience with a thorough knowledge of office practices, systems and policies
- Proficiency with standard (MS Office) tools, including word processing, spreadsheets and office administration
- Prior database experience highly preferred
- Excellent computer skills and the ability to learn new tools quickly
- A sense of humor
- A general interest in mission-driven work
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to Liza Kaplansky, at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.