Biologist – Middletown, CT
Organization: Cardno TEC, Inc.
Job Title: Biologist
Location: Middletown, CT
Hours and Compensation: Full time, Commensurate
Position Dates: Start ASAP
Application Deadline: Send in ASAP
Posted On: July 25th, 2012
Cardno TEC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Cardno providing consulting expertise in engineering, environmental management, architecture, planning, and infrastructure management. With offices from Hawaii to Germany, our global presence allows us to support our clients anytime and anywhere. Cardno TEC is composed of technical specialists with industry and functional expertise across both the public and private sectors. Our consulting support draws on the different perspectives and talents of our staff to produce results that are timely, applicable, and cost-effective.
Cardno TEC, Inc. is currently seeking a Biologist for our Middletown, Connecticut office. The Biologist performs natural resource field surveys and conducts habitat evaluations in wetland environments, which may involve periodic travel. This position analyzes potential environmental impacts from proposed development projects and writes technical reports describing results of field surveys and impact analysis. Additionally, the Biologist coordinates with regulatory/resource agencies to prepare permit applications.
- Conduct wetland assessment and mitigation planning
- Perform wetlands delineations with confirmation by the Corps of Engineers New England District
- Familiar with GPS mapping and survey
- Develop wetland mitigation plan meeting the New England District Corps of Engineers Mitigation Guidelines
- Prepare/submit and process of joint permit applications for wetland encroachments (e.g., USACE Section 404)
- Perform habitat evaluation/mapping and inventory of plant/wildlife populations
- Complete environmental impact analysis
- Conduct field surveys for Federal and State threatened, endangered, and rare species
- Prepare technical reports (e.g., wetland reports, ESA Section 7 biological assessments) and natural resource sections of NEPA documents
- Coordinate with resource agencies (e.g., USFWS, USACE)
Minimum Qualifications Required
- B.S., in biology, ecology, environmental science, or related field
- Three to five years relevant work experience in natural resources field
- Must have relevant experience conducting field surveys in wetland environments
- Ability to perform physical field activities in difficult field conditions
- Availability for travel
Training and Experience
- Experience with regional regulatory community desirable
- Must have experience preparing federal and state permit applications
- Must have experience with GIS and GPS
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- The employee frequently is required to walk, sit, talk, and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee may occasionally need to lift and/ or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include, close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee may be required to walk multiple miles each day in rough and uneven terrain and transport up to 35 pounds of gear.
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
How to Apply
Please see the following link to complete an online application: http://www.cardnotec.com/careers/job-application/?job=BiologistMiddletown,CT