Clean Air Campaign Manager – San Francisco, CA
Job Title: Campaign Manager – Clean Air
Location: San Francisco, CA
Hours and Compensation: Full time, We offer a mission and employee-focused work environment and a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits.
Position Dates: Start ASAP
Application Deadline: Send in ASAP
Posted On: July 27th, 2012
Earthjustice is the first and largest nonprofit environmental law firm in the world. Founded in 1971, we annually represent nearly 400 other non-profit organizations for free in more than 250 cases that promote a clean energy future, preserve our natural heritage and safeguard our health. Through big-impact litigation, policy advocacy and communications, we ensure that those who jeopardize the health of the planet are held accountable to the law.
The Campaign Manager for Clean Air drives the development and implementation of strategic communications—including dynamic storytelling, media and public outreach, advocacy and coalition-building—to support key litigation and legislative advocacy in our clean air docket. The campaign manager oversees all communications aspects of the clean air campaign, including drafting press releases, pitching reporters, contributing content to our website, blog and quarterly magazine, coordinating with clients and allies, managing contractors and outside vendors, creating compelling and innovative communications tools and partnering with other communications, program and fundraising staff to further our programmatic goals and build the Earthjustice brand
- Targets print, television, radio and online media for coverage of Earthjustice work on national air quality standards; maintains knowledge of reporters covering a particular issue and coordinates press conferences and other earned media opportunities.
- Works with program staff to design and execute communications efforts that impact and further programmatic goals.
- Develops strategy documents, schedules, manages budgets, reports on tracking/measurements of success.
- Creates long-term, in depth communications campaigns around national air quality standards for various industries.
- Drafts content for the Earthjustice blog, website and print materials. Drives storytelling projects involving our clients and affected citizens and consistently seeks out new and compelling ways to project and publicize these stories.
- Helps create special project teams, determining project management roles, budget, tracking, measurements of success, and reporting.
- Uses market research/polls and contracts or conducts focus groups/quantitative studies to help determine message strategies and to target optimal audiences efficiently for program outreach;
- Looks for new opportunities to reach out to the public to generate awareness of Earthjustice and support for our programmatic goals.
- Develops or contracts for paid and/or earned media efforts focused on winning the program issue, targeting specific audiences and generating public support.
- Manages creative agency/creative development from concept to final production; serves as media planner and media contact where applicable.
- Develops media plans and executes buys where appropriate from a resource standpoint.
- Works with partners and clients in developing program strategy, managing execution of paid and earned efforts, and to negotiate shared investments in projects where applicable.
- Coordinates public outreach with other non-profit, public health and community groups as needed; identifies potential partnerships with other local and national non-profit organizations.
- Oversees tracking of paid and earned media efforts to determine effectiveness, ensure accountability, and inform future strategy.
- Sets achievable measurements of success for each campaign and strives to meet these goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree – communications, marketing, political science, or environmental studies preferred.
- 5-7 years in for profit and nonprofit brand and project management, with an emphasis in nonprofit/advocacy and communications.
- Track record of developing and implementing successful advocacy campaigns.
- Experience setting strategy, managing advertising/PR programs, writing and producing publications, press releases or website content, and coordinating team participation in managing and executing outreach projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience in public speaking.
- Outstanding organizational skills with demonstrated ability to plan and coordinate a variety of detailed outreach projects, sometimes under a very tight deadline.
- Ability to lead staff and vendors in a team environment and exhibit strong team building/participation skills.
- Experience working on environmental issues such as toxic air and water pollution, coal mining, global warming, or public lands a plus. Experience working in coordination with other non-profit groups also a plus.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume along with cover letter to email@example.com. Please include “Campaign Manager” in the subject line.
NO TELEPHONE CALLS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Earthjustice is driven by a passion for justice, partnership and excellence. Our core values lead us to seek a broad range of perspectives and backgrounds to achieve our mission and to maintain an inclusive environment where all staff are valued and respected. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to employment practices that ensure that employees and applicants for employment are provided with equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the position.