Litigation Assistant – Denver, CO
Job Title: Litigation Assistant
Location: Denver, CO
Hours and Compensation: Full time, Salaried, We offer a mission and employee-focused work environment and a compensation package including excellent benefits.
Position Dates: Start ASAP
Application Deadline: Send in ASAP
Posted On: July 31st, 2012
Earthjustice is the first and largest nonprofit environmental law firm in the world. Founded in 1971, we annually represent nearly 400 other non-profit organizations for free in more than 250 cases that promote a clean energy future, preserve our natural heritage and safeguard our health. Through big-impact litigation, policy advocacy and communications, we ensure that those who jeopardize the health of the planet are held accountable to the law.
The Rocky Mountain office seeks an experienced full-time Litigation Assistant to provide support to our legal staff. The Rocky Mountain office represents a diverse array of individuals and citizen groups of all sizes in our efforts to protect natural resources and human health in the Mountain West.
- Maintaining case files, including pleadings, voluminous fact research files and exhibits, and general correspondence.
- Preparation of court filings, including electronic court filings.
- Creation of tables and extensive exhibits to be used in government agency comments, court documents and presentations.
- Coordinating mailings.
- Miscellaneous tasks including making copies, contacting various agencies to request documents, and keeping up-to-date on court rules in many different courts and jurisdictions.
- Flexibility of schedule is appreciated as some over-time may be involved.
- Other general office tasks as requested.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in an office setting, legal experience preferred.
- Knowledge of local rules of court.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Proficiency with Windows and Word 2010, databases, spreadsheets, and the Internet.
- Strong writing skills, including a command of spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- Highly organized, dependable and detail oriented.
- Ability to work under pressure in a busy office.
How to Apply
Please send a letter explaining your qualifications for the position, a resume, and the names and phone numbers of three professional references to email@example.com. Applications may also be mailed to Nan Houser at 1400 Glenarm Pl., #300, Denver, CO 80202-5050