Certified Carbon Strategy Practitioner Training, Aug. 27-28
The Bard MBA in Sustainability and Bard Center for Environmental Policy invite you to attend the Certified Carbon Strategy Practitioner Training held by the Centre for Sustainability and Excellence.
Date and Time: August 27-28, 2012 | 9am – 5pm (both days)
Location: The Muse Hotel, 130 West 46th Street, Olympus Room , New York, NY 10036
Use Code BARD15 for a 15% discount!
Who Should Attend
The course is designed for the needs of General Managers, Environmental Managers, PR and Communication Managers, Marketing Managers, and Sustainability Professionals who have achieved a level of knowledge on environmental and climate change issues and wish to learn more on ways to implement a robust Carbon Strategy. The course is not an overly-technical course intended for Engineers or Analysts.
Attendees will gain a better understanding of the methodology for developing carbon and greenhouse gas management strategies for their organization. The resources behind the methodology include leading standards, regulations, and frameworks in place today. We will also cover an application of tools for successful implementation of the strategies, and reporting and communicating your efforts.
In a world rapidly warming up and as a response to legal and social pressures, businesses need to adopt innovative and cost-effective ways to limit their adverse effects regarding climate change.
Climate change is becoming an ever-pressing matter, with its mitigation becoming increasingly demanded by all members of society, including businesses.
- MODULE 1: Introduction to Climate Change and GHG Emissions
- MODULE 2: Carbon Regulations
- MODULE 3: Sustainability Strategy & GHG Emissions
- MODULE 4: Energy Efficiency and Carbon Footprint
- MODULE 5: GHG Accounting and Assessment
- MODULE 6: Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) for Carbon Footprint & Water Footprint MODULE 7: GHG Offsetting and Related Standards
- MODULE 8: Reporting
- EXERCISE: Action Plan for Your Organization or Sector (pre-requisite for designation as a Certified CSR Practitioner)
Zoe Tcholak-Antitch – Director of the Carbon Disclosure Project, North America
Dr. Eban Goodstein – Director, Bard Center for Environmental Policy; Director, Bard MBA in Sustainability
Seating is extremely limited. Register today!