Development Intern – Washington, DC
Organization: Alliance for Justice (AFJ)
Job Title: Development Intern
Location: Washington, DC
Hours and Compensation: Unpaid, minimum 10 hours of work/week
Position Dates: Fall semester (September – December) Dates are negotiable
Application Deadline: Send in ASAP
Posted On: August 6th, 2012
Alliance for Justice (AFJ) is a national association of environmental, civil rights, mental health, women’s, children’s, and consumer advocacy organizations. Since its inception in 1979, AFJ has worked to advance the cause of justice for all Americans, strengthen the public interest community’s ability to influence public policy, and foster the next generation of advocates.
Development interns gain substantive experience working on a wide range of projects. Interns will conduct research on current and prospective donors and foundations, draft briefings for meetings with donors and foundations, assist in the coordination, advertising, and staffing of development events, and provide support to Development staff in the form of administrative and research tasks as needed. At AFJ we make an effort to give interns the opportunity to develop their particular skills and interests during the course of the semester.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent research skills
- Campus or community event organizing experience highly preferred
- Proficiency with online search tools (Google, Lexis-Nexis)
- Experience with Microsoft office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice, civil rights, and public interest issues preferred
How to Apply
Email a cover letter explaining your interest in an internship with Alliance for Justice, a resume, and short writing sample to email@example.com.