Various Positions – Seoul, South Korea
Organization: Global Green Growth Institute
Job Title: Program Officers/ Program Assistants/Program Managers/Senior Program Managers - Green Growth Planning & Implementation
Location: Seoul, South Korea
Hours and Compensation: Full time; Compensation commensurate with skills and experience, competitive with other nonprofits
Position Dates: August 2, 2012-
Application Deadline: December 31, 2012
Posted On: August 9, 2012
The Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) founded as a non-profit organization under Korean law in June 2010. GGGI is dedicated to pioneering and diffusing a new model of economic growth, known as “green growth” that simultaneously targets key aspects of economic performance, such as poverty reduction, job creation and social inclusion, and those of environmental sustainability, such as mitigation of climate change and biodiversity loss and security of access to clean energy and water. GGGI’s approach is particularly suited to developing countries because it starts from the imperative of broad-based progress in living standards and growth.
GGGI advice on a strong and comprehensive analytical framework, spanning from sector-by-sector analysis to the implementation of green growth plans (GGP). The scope is supporting countries in shifting their growth model towards a more sustainable, low- carbon, climate resilient development path. GGGI operates tailored but consistent programs for each country and assists partner countries in designing pragmatic policies best suited to their respective economic opportunities and constraints.
Senior Program Managers
- Lead country projects and their areas of expertise;
- Develop country project opportunities;
- Coordinate communication between relevant officials and stake holders in partner countries and institutes;
- Conduct project-relevant analysis and research;
- Research on major policy issues and sector specific matters related to the projects;
- Perform other related duties as required, including hiring, reporting, and a variety of administrative tasks necessary for the final delivery of the work; and
- Includes PM’s responsibilities as well.
- Implements, manage and monitor national/regional green growth planning and sector specific projects including budget management;
- Provide support for partner countries’ capacity building and conduct consulting service for setting up green growth strategies including roadmap, policy options, investment plans, etc.;
- Participate in knowledge integration program within the organization; and
- Guide and build capacity of junior staff.
Program Officers/ Program Assistants
- Support the management of country projects including developing work plans & budget, preparing internal reports and drafting relevant documents;
- Organize meetings, workshops and provide relevant logistical support;
- Collecting data and information related to the project and conduct initial analysis;
- Facilitate communications with related counterpart and partner;
- Conduct administrative duties (disbursement, preparation of minutes, support for mission trips, etc.); and
- Perform other related duties as assigned by line managers and director;
Education: As least Master’s degree
Languages: Proficient written and spoken English is a must; additional languages are a plus.
Certificate or license holders in relevant fields will have advantage for hiring opportunities. Grade can be negotiated during the recruitment process according to applier’s experience and education level.
Relevant areas of expertise
- Economics (Macroeconomics, microeconomics, development, environment, energy, etc.)
- Agriculture & Forestry
- Urban/Regional Planning & Transportation
- Water Management
- Climate Change
- Public Administration & Policy
- Education & Capacity Building
How to Apply
Position number: GGGI-HR_12-108
Please send curriculum vitae and cover letter to: email@example.com (including position number in subject line is a must). GGGI will only contact candidates with whom GGGI wants to have further discussions. For more information on GGGI, please visit our website at www.gggi.org.