Solutions Fellow — Washington, D.C. (deadline Sep. 4th)
Organization: The Climate Reality Project
Job Title: Solutions Fellow
Location: Washington, D.C.
Hours and Compensation: monthly stipend (and medical, dental, vision)
Position Dates: Sept. 2012 – Nov. 2012
Application Deadline: Sept. 4, 2012
Posted On: Aug. 29, 2012
The Climate Reality Project, a nonprofit organization founded by former Vice President Al Gore, is fast-paced organization that uses cutting-edge advertising and communications strategies to demonstrate the urgency and solvability of the climate crisis.
The Climate Reality Project, a nonprofit organization founded by former Vice President Al Gore, is offering a three-month fellowship (September-November 2012) on its Solutions Team. The Solutions Fellow will play an integral role in a fast-paced organization that uses cutting-edge advertising and communications strategies to demonstrate the urgency and solvability of the climate crisis.
Working in The Climate Reality Project’s Washington, D.C. office, the Solutions Fellow will track developments in climate solutions and climate and energy policy. The candidate will help review relevant reports and studies, attend conferences and hearings, assist in writing briefing documents, generate blog content and perform miscellaneous research and administrative tasks as needed.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in energy technology, engineering, economics, environmental science or a relevant field.
- Excellent analytical research skills and a passion for accuracy.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines and manage multiple ongoing projects simultaneously.
- Flexibility to accommodate irregular and sometimes long work hours.
How to Apply
Please send a resume, cover letter and 1-2 page writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org