Project Manager – Environmental & Permitting Services – Portland; San Diego; Austin; Peterborough
Organization: GL Garrad Hassan
Job Title: Project Manager for Environmental & Permitting Services
Location: Portland, San Diego, Austin, and/or Peterborough (and possible remote locations)
Hours and Compensation: DOE; excellent benefit package
Position Dates: Full Time
Application Deadline: until filled
Posted On: August 14, 2012
GL Garrad Hassan is the world’s largest independent technical and engineering consultancy for renewable energy. We are the recognised global authority on onshore and offshore wind power and also serve the wave, tidal and solar sectors.
GL GH is a fast-growing consultancy seeking an experienced and dynamic Project Manager for the Environmental and Permitting Services Department, to be stationed in a strategic location in the United States, including but not limited to GL GH’s Portland (OR) office. The primary focus of this position is to manage environmental and permitting mandates, such as full-scale environmental assessments and permitting applications under various jurisdictions in the US, for wind and solar developments. The PM will also assist the VP in strategic business development, team building and quality control, with a focus on seeking additional opportunities in the US wind and solar energy markets.
The working environment is fast-paced with staff working across a wide range of active projects. GL GH is looking for a dynamic and versatile individual with experience and training in relevant fields such as biology (wildlife, vegetation, wetlands, etc.) or land planning; the selected individual will be requested to undertake studies in their field of expertise as well as manage environmental/ permitting mandates.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Undertake and/or supervise specialized studies for large-scale wind and other renewable projects in his/her field, such as ecology (wildlife, flora), land planning, noise, visual, etc.
• Coordinate the overall execution of mandates by making optimal use of our multidisciplinary technical & scientific resources (internal and external) working in a matrix structure;
• Coordinating the work of available resources and external experts in charge of specialized aspects of environmental impact studies;
• Organizing and actively participating in consultation activities with different stakeholder groups, including regulatory agencies, local communities and First Nations;
• Establish and maintain sustainable relationships and good communication with clients, vendors, sub-contractors and other project stakeholders;
• Manage budgets, teams and timelines of large-scale environmental mandates;
• Business development (client meetings, attending conferences and industry committees, proposal writing, budgeting)
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Knowledge of environmental laws, regulations and best practices applicable to wind energy projects in the United States; (knowledge in Canadian jurisdictions an asset);
• Thorough understanding of permitting processes;
• Excellent analytical and reporting abilities;
• Excellent oral and written communications skills;
• Demonstrated skills in project management and business development.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree or Masters degree (preferred) in a relevant field, namely biology (wildlife, ecology, conservation), land planning or environmental law;
• Experience with environmental and/or permitting in the wind or renewable energy industry; and/or experience in regulatory affairs;
• 2-5 years of relevant experience;
Requires the willingness and availability to travel up to 30% of time for periods of a few days or more at a time.
How to Apply
We only consider online applications.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please do not email your resume, as we only accept applications online.