Environmental Policy and Advocacy Internship — Naples, FL
Organization: Conservancy of Southwest Florida
Job Title: Environmental Policy and Advocacy Internship
Location: Naples, FL
Hours and Compensation: Full Time with $150/week stipend, accident insurance, housing included with laundry facilities
Position Dates: 6-9 month positions on a rotating basis
Application Deadline: open until filled, based on rotation
Posted On: year round posting
The Conservancy of Southwest Florida is a private, non-profit organization that has preserved more than 300,000 acres of land, introduced environmental education into public schools and taught more than one million people about the importance of conserving the environment. The Conservancy uses policy, science and education to ensure sustainable growth and a healthy prosperous future for Southwest Florida’s natural environment. The Conservancy’s Wildlife Rehabilitation Center rescues more than 2,500 animals yearly. The Conservancy is an influential voice protecting the natural resources of Southwest Florida. For more information, see:
Description and Responsibilities
Works with Environmental Policy team to research and investigate environmental issues on a local, regional, state, or federal level. Participate in relevant meetings of the county and city governments regarding conservation issues regarding water, land and wildlife. Assist with writing position statements on environmental issues. Plan, develop, and implement reports, conferences, and other activities related to community grassroots outreach on public policy issues. Assist in tracking environmental issues. Assist in daily administrative duties. Develop and implement a special project initiative.
- Strong commitment to the conservation of biodiversity, environmental quality, and natural resources.
- BS or BA, preferably in environmental policy or the natural sciences.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge of spreadsheets and word processing applications.
- Strong organizational and leadership abilities.
- Willing to work variable hours and to travel locally as necessary.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Ability to work independently under rapidly changing situations and be flexible.
How to Apply
Complete and return your application found on the Conservancy’s internship posting page http://www.conservancy.org/page.aspx?pid=613, along with a cover letter, resume, two letters of recommendation and unofficial school transcripts to:
Conservancy of Southwest Florida
1450 Merrihue Drive
Naples, FL 34102