Public Policy Associate/Intern — Boston, MA
Organization: Massachusetts Nonprofit Network
Job Title: Public Policy Associate/Intern
Location: Boston, MA
Hours and Compensation: Unpaid
- Monthly T Link Pass provided.
- Unpaid internship. Start date is negotiable.
- Minimum of 15 hours per week: Monday to Friday.
- Flexible schedule available during normal business hours.
- School holidays and vacations will be respected.
Position Dates: negotiable
Application Deadline: open
Posted On: Sep. 12, 2012
The Massachusetts Nonprofit Network is the voice of the nonprofit sector in Massachusetts and understands that strong nonprofit organizations build strong communities. MNN is the only statewide organization dedicated to supporting nonprofits through policy, awareness and capacity building strategies. MNN includes nearly 500 member organizations, representing every part of Massachusetts—from the Berkshires to the Cape.
MNN is seeking a Public Policy Associate intern to support our work advancing the nonprofit community throughout Massachusetts. This is a highly rewarding job in a great working environment with wonderful networking opportunities, including professional growth opportunities and exposure to very significant contacts.
- Research, track, synthesize, and summarize public policy issues affecting the nonprofit sector.
- Assist in the preparation of materials to communicate policy issues to the organization’s membership, nonprofit leaders, policy makers, and the general public.
- Occasional contact with elected leaders & public officials as requested.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Pursuing Bachelors Degree in Public Policy, Government, or Political Science or recent college graduate
- Entrepreneurial, self-starter who can prioritize and manage projects and deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including database, mail merge and Excel experience
- Attention to detail
- Proven research skills
- Prior experience with Massachusetts State House, preferred
How to Apply
Contact: Alexandra Smith, Operations & Development Manager