Research Analyst/Analyst-Sustainability — Boulder, CO
Organization: The Cadmus Group, Inc.
Job Title: Research Analyst/Analyst-Sustainability
Location: Boulder, CO
Hours and Compensation: Full Time – pay based on experience
Application Deadline: Nov. 22, 2012
Position Dates: preferred start ASAP
Posted On: Sep. 19, 2012
Cadmus helps government, non-profit and corporate clients address critical challenges in the environmental and energy sectors.
This position’s primary areas of focus are:
- Developing corporate greenhouse gas inventories, greenhouse gas assessment of utility energy efficiency programs, and sustainability reporting for both public and private sector clients.
- Primary and secondary research in energy, waste, water, corporate social responsibility, greenhouse gases and other sustainability related topics.
- Tracking analysis of the results of this research.
- Assist with planning and implementing process evaluations and program design projects
- Development of client-ready draft and final reports.
Candidates should have interest and knowledge in the field of greenhouse gas analysis and/or energy efficiency. They should have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, be highly self-motivated to perform and learn, be able to work collaboratively and independently, and manage assigned tasks and projects from start to finish with input from supervisors. The ideal candidate will be able to perform both big picture and detail-oriented tasks across wide-ranging, dynamic projects within Cadmus’ Energy Services Division.
- Work independently or with supervision to manage research projects and participate in research efforts, ensuring consistency and quality of research methods.
- Conduct primary and secondary research and document findings.
- Analyze and interpret data into meaningful conclusions and recommendations for improvement and write results into clear, concise reports.
- Assist with sections of proposals as assigned, ensuring accuracy of content and adherence to Cadmus format.
- Proofread the writing of peers as assigned to ensure technical accuracy.
- Ensure high quality client deliverable in all activities.
- Analyze utility and energy efficiency program data utilizing Excel or other analytical software, identifying trends, summarizing data, and identifying causal impacts on program results.
- Assist with project management activities such as internal coordination and budget tracking.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Initiative and ability to self-direct on assignments.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, including setting priorities and adapting to changes, in a time-sensitive, deliverable driven workplace.
- Experience with sustainability reporting, GRI certification preferred.
- Familiarity with qualitative and quantitative data collection methods.
- Ability to track and organize complex data.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to synthesize and report findings.
- Strong oral and written communication and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to communicate with executives and employees in telephone interviews.
- GHGMI classes or certification.
- Experience with greenhouse gas inventory tools such as those developed by The Climate Registry, WRI, etc.
- Familiarity with sustainability issues and strategies for waste, water and energy useage
- Familiarity with emissions factors, global warming potentials, and carbon emissions calculations.
- Familiarity with the verification process of GHG inventories
- Experience in professional/consulting business environment.
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office Excel, Word, etc.)
- Project management experience
- Carbon Disclosure Project survey experience or experience with other greenhouse gas reporting initiatives.
- Energy efficiency/DSM/utility program experience.
How to Apply
INTERESTED AND QUALIFIED PROFESSIONALS ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY DIRECTLY AT: