Energy Connections Program Intern — New York, NY
Organization: Solar One
Job Title: Energy Connections Program Intern
Location: New York, NY
Hours and Compensation: part-time (15 hours/week) & Unpaid
Application Deadline: until position is filled
Position Dates: not specified
Posted On: Oct. 2, 2012
Solar One, a New York City non-profit green energy, education, and arts center, seeks a qualified candidate for the Energy Connections Program Intern position.
Solar One Energy Connections (S1EC) connects New York City residents, businesses, and community based organizations to energy efficiency and renewable energy resources through education, outreach, and project partnerships. Our mission is to make all New Yorkers part of our city’s ambitious efforts to combat climate change and develop a clean, green economy. We are looking for a motivated, hard working individual to support the S1EC team on two main programs, the NYSERDA Energy $mart Communities program and the Clean Energy Connections series.
The S1EC Program Intern will provide day-to-day support for program administration, public events, community outreach, website maintenance, and social media marketing. This is a great opportunity in the clean energy field and policy fields, with extensive exposure to New York City’s energy efficiency, renewable energy, and cleantech sectors. The ideal candidate will be energetic, creative, very well organized, and an excellent writer. The Intern should also be able to exercise independent judgment, learn new skills, and work as a member of a fast-paced team.
- Provide program administration support for Clean Energy Connections and NYSERDA Energy $mart Communities initiatives. This would include providing logistical support for meetings, doing topic research, inputting data, etc.
- Assist in event coordination for major educational programs we produce. Responsibilities in this role could include coordinating set-up and break down, registration, refreshments, and volunteers.
- Provide support through coordinating, updating, and producing print materials and web content.
- Help update social media and website content.
- Maintaining electronic and paper filing systems and databases, including data entry
- Outreach for events and programs
- General administrative support
- Relevant professional experience (job/internship/volunteer) required
- Excellent written and oral communications skills leading to ability to work well with people of varying backgrounds.
- Strong interpersonal skills and be detail oriented
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work accurately and with composure under deadline pressure
- High degree of proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, the Internet, social media, and electronic communication
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Powerpoint
- Familiarity with graphic and web design software (such as Adobe Creative Suite applications) higher levels of proficiency a plus.
- Familiarity with website updating and management. Experience with WordPress a plus.
- Availability for occasional night/weekend work
- Interest in and knowledge of energy, environmental, and community development issues.
How to Apply
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with “EC Program Intern” in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.