Sustainability Manager — Villanova, PA
Organization: Villanova University
Job Title: Sustainability Manager
Location: Villanova, PA
Hours and Compensation:
Application Deadline: until filled
Posted On: Oct. 17, 2012
Provide leadership and oversight on all aspects of campus sustainability, including management and implementation of the climate action plan. Serve as a resource person/focal point for information on sustainability initiatives across campus. Promote and coordinate efforts of faculty, students, staff and community members engaged in sustainability initiatives. Assist with all aspects of the university’s energy program including procurement, trending, demand response programs, and general reduction of energy use. Work with University Energy Manager to research, develop, implement and monitor strategies to efficiently operate the University’s utility generation and distribution systems.
- Lead and manage the University’s sustainability efforts. Lead the implementation of the Climate Action Plan, and make required reports. Serve on the President’s Environmental Sustainability Committee (PESC).
- Proactively communicate and promote sustainability throughout campus. Research and inspire new efforts. Be a positive proponent of change.
- Coordinate the efforts of all constituent groups including faculty, students, staff, and community members. Ongoing efforts include recycling, purchasing, dining services, etc. Serve as a resource person and focal point for all sustainability efforts on campus.
- Research sustainability issues, respond to surveys, benchmark, collect data and file all required reports. Apply for energy and sustainability grants and funding as appropriate.
- Assist the Energy Manager to manage all aspects of the University’s energy program. Help manage the electric demand response program. Help develop strategies to maximize energy efficiency, and reduce consumption and reduce carbon emissions.
- Assist the Energy Manager to plan, program, design and implement capital projects that are energy efficiency focused. Help develop energy strategies for new construction projects and major renovation projects.
- Assist in the development of a strategic energy management plan and help to proactively manage energy procurement. Monitor utility usage and trends.
- Perform additional duties and assist with special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Minimum 2 years experience required.
- Broad knowledge of environmental sustainability and the ACUP Climate Commitment program is required.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with administration, faculty and staff, as well as with students, consultants and utility companies.
- Proven strong communication skills.
- Proactive approach and project management skills are required. Project management skills include scheduling, budgeting, communicating up and down the chain of command, and safety.
- 5-10 years experience desired.
- Advanced degree is preferred. Science or engineering degrees preferred.
- Professional Engineer registration (PE), and/or Certified Energy Manager (CEM) and/or Certified Energy Procurement Proffesional (CEP) Certification are desired.
- Knowledge of energy management programs, building automations systems (BAS) and energy procurement desired.
- LEED accreditation is desired.
- Familiarity with computer scheduling, spreadsheet and database programs, web site design and Building Automation Systems is desirable.
How to Apply
Apply online: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/4884