Communications Internship — Washington, D.C.
Organization: The Alliance to Save Energy
Job Title: Communications Internship
Location: Washington, D.C.
Hours and Compensation: $11/hour — full time
Application Deadline: Nov. 23, 2012
Position Dates: The spring 2013 internship term will run Monday, January 7- Friday, May 24, 2013.
Posted On: Nov. 14, 2012
The Alliance to Save Energy promotes energy efficiency worldwide to achieve a healthier economy, a cleaner environment and energy security
The Alliance is seeking a Communications Assistant to contribute to all major communications activities as a key member and team player in the communications department. This individual will provide communications and video support to the Alliance to Save Energy’s needs.
- Tracking print and web media clips to develop monthly reports on Alliance media coverage.
- Helping to create and maintain media contact lists for press release and targeted pitches.
- Posting press releases and other content on the Alliance’s website.
- Assisting with drafting and editing of news releases.
- Helping create media materials (blog articles, pitches and reports to the Board of Directors).
- Creating content for social media and maintaining an “evergreen” social media content list.
- Developing social media reports for the Alliance’s Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- Logging and maintaining a list of video clips and BRoll.
- Assisting with videography (including setup, filming, editing, etc.)
- Excellent writing, verbal, social media and web research skills
- Video shooting and editing skills
- An interest in media relations and ideally in national energy policy issues
- The most qualified candidate will have knowledge in PowerPoint, video editing, Adobe Creative Suite, and website management.
How to Apply
Please send a resume, relevant writing sample and cover letter to email@example.com by November 23, 2012. Please specify the position to which you are applying in the subject line of the email. Cover letters can be addressed to “Internship Coordinators.” Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. This is a full-time position and we are unable to consider applicants who will be enrolled in a full-time course load which interferes with the work week schedule during the internship term. No phone calls, please.