Energy Policy Internship — Washington, D.C.
Job Title: Energy Policy Internship
Location: Washington, D.C.
Hours and Compensation: part-time and a small stipend
Application Deadline: rolling
Position Dates: Winter with the possibility of extension
Posted On: Nov. 21, 2012
The mission of OurEnergyPolicy.org is to facilitate substantive public dialogue on energy policy issues, and make that dialogue available as a resource to the American people, policymakers, and the media. It is our belief that this ongoing exchange will lead to better-informed and more effective U.S. energy policies. OurEnergyPolicy.org also offers a comprehensive energy resource portal, which includes an Events Calendar, a Library of reports, legislation, white papers, etc., recent news headlines related to energy, and new energy legislation. Importantly, OurEnergyPolicy.org is not an advocacy organization and has no partisan, economic, technological, or environmental agenda. Our goal is simply to foster expert discussion and aggregate energy resources to provide to the American public.
- Work directly with Program Director to advance key programmatic initiatives such as content development, website administration, online/social marketing and communications, and event planning
- Review new and existing energy sector literature, identifying compelling issues for Expert discussion
- Assist in managing the online Resource Library and Events Calendar
- Identify industry, advocacy, and nonprofit groups, as well as leading energy sector experts, to engage in dialogue onOurEnergyPolicy.org
- Interface with Congressional offices, and industry, advocacy, and nonprofit groups
- Attend conferences and events
- Help an exciting start-up organization develop and deliver its mission
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Familiarity with and interest in energy issues
- Understanding of policy making process, including the roles of industry, advocacy and non-profit organizations
- Proficiency with online tools and media, and knowledge of online community development
- Pleasant, upbeat attitude
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter, résumé, and a brief, relevant writing sample to Michael Spiak, Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please contact same with any questions.