Energy and Environmental Justice Researcher/Organizer — Asheville, NC
Organization: Clean Water for North Carolina
Job Title: Energy and Environmental Justice Researcher/Organizer
Location: Asheville, NC
Hours and Compensation: Full time and $32-34,000
Application Deadline: Dec. 3, 2012
Position Dates: start Jan 2013
Posted On: Nov. 19, 2012
Since 1984 Clean Water for North Carolina (CWFNC, formerly the Clean Water Fund of North Carolina) has worked for clean, safe communities and workplaces with hundreds of communities and thousands of North Carolinians. CWFNC is a private non-profit membership organization serving residents across the state of North Carolina. We have a very active and diverse board and staff, dozens of volunteers and hundreds of members who work hard to make North Carolina a better place.
Clean Water for NC, a progressive statewide non-profit organization with a diverse Board of Directors and membership, seeks an environmental policy researcher and organizer with strong communication and analytical skills, science background and a proven commitment to social justice. The Researcher/Organizer will lead energy policy research, outreach and advocacy in the western part of the state, especially related to hydraulic fracturing for natural gas. The Researcher/Organizer will also assist in community organizing, media work and day to day administrative tasks.
• Active and demonstrated commitment to social justice, activism, and community empowerment
• Undergraduate degree or significant coursework in sciences, health or environmental policy, analytical skills, with 2 or more years job experience
• Excellent research and analytical skills
• Outstanding written, oral and LISTENING communications skills; a “connector” for community involvement and advocacy
• Experience in writing and internet-based research
• NC Driver’s License and access to reliable vehicle
• Flexibility to changing schedule, occasional evening and weekend events
Spanish language skills preferred
How to Apply
Send cover letter, resume, two writing samples (< 1,000 wd) and contact info for 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls or hard copy applications, please.