Campaign Organizer Intern – Oakland, California
Organization: Local Clean Energy Alliance (LCEA)
Job Title: Campaign Organizer Intern
Location: Oakland, California
Hours and Compensation: 10 hours/wk; $350/month expense reimbursement
Application Deadline: none
Position Dates: Start January 7th, 2013
Posted On: Dec. 27, 2012
The Local Clean Energy Alliance (LCEA), the Bay Area’s largest clean energy coalition, with 90 affiliated member organizations, including environmental justice, social justice, environmental, business, and community groups, seeks a motivated and organized Campaign Orgaizer Intern.
This is a great opportunity to gain experience on energy policy advocacy while providing needed assistance with a new campaign we are launching to advocate for Community Choice energy in Oakland. This position is out of the office of the LCEA’s host organization, Bay Localize, in downtown Oakland. The internship includes a $350/month expense reimbursement and requires 10 hours/week, to be determined by the applicant and the LCEA.
This position is supervised by the LCEA Coordinator.
- Help coordinate the work of campaign volunteers
- Assist with social networking, outreach tasks, and event organizing, as needed
- Set up, participate in, and take notes at meetings and distribute to team members
- Represent LCEA on phone and in-person at events
- Compose and send email communications to LCEA members, supporters, and others
- Provide timely updates to the LCEA web site and Facebook page
- A passion for the clean power, healthy communities perspective of the LCEA
- Available 10 hours/week (including some evenings) for a minimum of 4 months, through April 2013.
- Responsible, very organized, and detail-oriented.
- Good written and verbal communication and people skills, in-person and on the phone.
- Quick learner who is interested in learning about local renewable energy systems, sustainable development, community resilience, and social justice.
How to Apply
Please include a cover letter explaining your interest in the position and your availability, along with a resume firstname.lastname@example.org. Women, LGBTQI, and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply. No phone calls please. Thanks for your interest!