Water Research and Policy Intern – Washington DC
Organization: Food & Water Watch
Job Title: Water Research and Policy Intern
Location: Washington DC
Hours and Compensation: full time; paid
Application Deadline: June 7, 2013
Position Dates: 10 weeks; Summer ’13
Posted On: Jan. 4, 2013
Food & Water Watch is a leading national consumer advocacy organization that runs dynamic, cutting edge campaigns that challenge the corporate control and abuse of our food and water resources, empower people to take action and transform the public consciousness about what we eat and drink. Since 2005, we have won significant victories to protect our food and water. Our work has been featured in the New York Times, the Washington Post and other major media outlets. For more information check out our website at www.foodandwaterwatch.org.
We are currently seeking summer interns interested in fighting for safe food, clean water, and healthy oceans. This position is full-time, and will run for 10 weeks. summer interns receive a small stipend. Current student standing is not necessary. We operate in a relaxed office environment in Washington, DC, metro accessible.
The Water Research and Policy Intern assists the water research team with providing information, analysis and written materials to support Food & Water Watch water campaigns.
- Research both corporations and government (federal, state, and local) to help our team craft reports, briefing papers, and articles for the general public, media, NGOs, elected officials and government agencies
- Assist researchers with data collection, synthesis, and analysis
- Write short printed materials on water issues
- Research emerging issues to move campaigns forward
- Maintain strong records of work and assist with reviewing publications
- Participate in weekly meetings with Research and Policy team
- Strong interest in Food & Water Watch issues and commitment to social change.
- Strong verbal and written communication and time management skills.
- Sense of humor and ability to work well in a team.
- Experience in academic and corporate research is a plus, as is a background in any of the following: environmental science and policy, natural resources management, global water issues, economics, political science, federal policy, journalism.
How to Apply
Please email a tailored cover letter, resume, and writing sample to email@example.com (Subject: Summer DC Water Research Internship), or mail to:
Food & Water Watch Attn: Intern Coordinator 1616 P St NW Suite 300 Washington, DC 20036
Please be sure to indicate in your cover letter that you are interested in the Summer DC Water Research Internship.