International Program Research Intern- Washington DC
Organization: Food & Water Watch
Job Title: International Program Research Intern
Location: Washington DC
Hours and Compensation: full time; paid
Application Deadline: June 7, 2013
Position Dates: 10 weeks; Summer ’13
Posted On: Jan. 4, 2013
Food & Water Watch is a leading national consumer advocacy organization that runs dynamic, cutting edge campaigns that challenge the corporate control and abuse of our food and water resources, empower people to take action and transform the public consciousness about what we eat and drink. Since 2005, we have won significant victories to protect our food and water. Our work has been featured in the New York Times, the Washington Post and other major media outlets. For more information check out our website at www.foodandwaterwatch.org.
We are currently seeking summer interns interested in fighting for safe food, clean water, and healthy oceans. This position is full-time, and will run for 10 weeks. Summer interns receive a small stipend. Current student standing is not necessary. We operate in a relaxed office environment in Washington, DC, metro accessible.
The International Intern will work directly with members of the international team to provide information, analysis and written materials to support Food & Water Watch campaigns.
Research both corporations and government to help our team craft reports, briefing papers, and articles for the general public, media, NGOs, elected officials and government agencies. • Assist researchers with data collection, synthesis, and analysis. • Research emerging issues to move campaigns forward. • Writing popular education blogs about our international campaigns. • Lobbying Congress on international policy issues • Some administrative support (less than 10%)
- Strong interest in Food & Water Watch issues and demonstrated commitment to social change
- strong verbal and written communication and time management skills
- sense of humor and ability to work well in a team.
- Experience in academic and corporate research is a plus, as is a background in any of the following: international development, environmental science and policy, agriculture and natural resources management, food and nutrition, economics, political science.
- Students currently pursuing a master’s degree are strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Spanish is mandatory; French is also an asset.
How to Apply
Please email a tailored cover letter, resume, and writing sample to email@example.com (Subject: Summer DC International Research Internship), or mail to:
Food & Water Watch Attn: Intern Coordinator 1616 P St NW Suite 300 Washington, DC 20036
Please be sure to indicate in your cover letter that you are interested in the Summer DC International Research Internship.